I write your name (across the sky) - from trev

Started by trev, February 08, 2011, 11:43:02 AM

Yet another gem for the "Trev" directory. Classy in every department.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

trev

hey thanks lads really glad you liked it

Andrew - it was my wife doing the backing vocals

Geir - its just a one off project at the moment but i think I might go write some more in the same vein - and  I'll definitely post them when I do

and thanks Bluesberry I'd never heard of Johnny Reid but i had a look on itunes Canada and heard some of his stuff.

:)

des0free

Quote from: Greeny on February 09, 2011, 02:13:41 AMAs good as it gets. This is sheer perfection in every department, and songwriting of an exceptionally high standard. You should be having a hit with this, as any other already-established artist who bought this song out would have a worldwide smash on their hands.

What he said!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

another classy tune Trev. Got a bit of a mellow springsteen sound maybe?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

SwanSong

hi trev
a SUPER SONG, in all ways u are a gifted song writer tight production
i agree with greeny think it was. about being a hit . would b great
for a tv show. etc. any way great vox. too. thumb suup and a big bump
best regards NEIL

AndyR

This is just wonderful - a really good listen :).

I've been looking for something "extra" to say while I was going for a second listen. All I can think of is "crafted" - hope you know what I mean. Lyrics, arrangement, performance, everything is just where it should be, and it still sounds natural and spontaneous. Raises the same kind of reactions in me (as a musician/songwriter) as I get whenever I listen to Bread's recordings, for example - a kind of "oh wow, is it that simple? is that really all you have to do?"

Third listen in a row - it doesn't flag on repeating, it just gets comfortably familiar, and some of the intricacies behind the vocal start appearing.

Like Neil says - a SUPER SONG. Love it :)

(And I wish I could get my missus to do bv's :o - I can do the notes, but no matter what I do I can't make my bv's sound like girlie singers, and sometimes it's just gotta be girlie singers :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

trev

hey thanks everyone some really nice comments I'm gonna try and do some new stuff this week - its great being able to try different stuff out up here - brilliant thanks again

Trev