Fastest guistarist!

Started by peterp, February 07, 2011, 12:21:50 PM

peterp

I see threads for best guitarists and best bassist
Now comes the Fastest guistarist you have come across ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynUZOJc8QI

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

Not the fastest by today's standards, but Alvin Lee was the first guitarist who caught my attention for fast playing, long before today's shredders came along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpfureaCVs

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

antisocialworker

and before anyone else says it yngwie malmsteen has to be the fastest guitarist i've ever heard play.
Quote from: 64Guitars on February 07, 2011, 01:57:39 PMNot the fastest by today's standards, but Alvin Lee was the first guitarist who caught my attention for fast playing, long before today's shredders came along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpfureaCVs

this guy is bad ass man!
its a shame I have never heard of him
I just wanted to get up and jump around at 7:55

peterp

Say is yngwie malmsteen  trying for two catagories of notoriety  ?
Fastest and fattest ??

I don't go much for  the speed and shred generes, but yngwie seems to have filled out quite a bit since the last time I saw a pic of him.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

AndyR

I'm at work, so can't see the youtubes - is the Alvin Lee clip "Goin Home"?

I saw him in 1979/80 fronting a three-piece. Blew me away completely... It was the very first gig I went to. I was deaf for a week! :D

Couple of months later an "old guy" I got talking to told me "Alvin Lee's good, but you gotta check out Rory Gallagher, I think you'll prefer him..."

He was right, and therefore Rory always gets the mention from me in "fave guitarists" discussions... but I have a very soft spot for Mr Lee.

I think he's probably the fastest player I've actually been to see, but I've never been a huge fan of the shred stuff, I appreciate it, but I've never really sought it out myself.

Talking of fastest though... I seem to recall George Harrison being quite nippy in Hard Days Night...

...running away from screaming fans, that is - I understand that the famous guitar part (doubling the piano on the song) was recorded at half speed :D (partly to get the tone, as well as making it playable).
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

And seeing that pic of Yngwie... oh sh1t!

I've not seen a pic of him for years.... But now I see why guitarist acquaintances are calling me Yngwie!! Sadly, that pic could be one of me...  :-\

I have more hair than that (with less henna), and my side-burns are triangular "Rory"-types, and I don't have the bling, and my sunglasses are small round "lennonesque" ones... BUT, otherwise, I am a long-haired, strat-playing, old-git who is getting tubbier than he realises...  :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Blooby

Pipes

HEY...

Al Dimeola.....RTF and solo projects:))

Shit off a shovel guitar playing>>>>>>>>>>.

Blooby

Quote from: Nightcaller on February 08, 2011, 02:34:55 PMShit off a shovel guitar playing>>>>>>>>>>.

I'm not familiar with this particular turn of phrase.

Here's some Shawn Lane.  He goes off in several spots.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Blooby on February 08, 2011, 04:59:54 PMHere's some Shawn Lane.  He goes off in several spots.

Now that really speaks to me!!!!!!!!!! f&ck me gently

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand