Best Guitarist

Started by Migs, February 06, 2011, 09:09:34 PM

Geir

Quote from: daveyboy on February 08, 2011, 02:47:12 AMHendrix always seems a given to be No.1 of any of this type of list, which I can totally understand.
I love Hendrix, and he changed the guitar-world forever in a way no other have done. But there's no doubt that there's been a LOT of players after him that's WAY better (whatever that means ::) )  !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

John Mayer?

(troll ducks for cover)
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: des0free on February 17, 2011, 09:56:35 PMJohn Mayer?

(troll ducks for cover)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha good one............I bet in his mind he is the best.......(ducks for cover).....hahaha

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 18, 2011, 05:56:46 AM
Quote from: des0free on February 17, 2011, 09:56:35 PMJohn Mayer?

(troll ducks for cover)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha good one............I bet in his mind he is the best.......(ducks for cover).....hahaha

If you ever heard him just play, he is actually a really good guitar player. I was impressed with his feel for playing, as I would expect from a graduate of the Guitar Institute. But even taking that into account, he'd not be anywhere near the top 100.

Gritter

I don't think Ace Frehley was mentioned and maybe he's not up there with the best but he sure influenced many.

...And Ben Harper on Lap Steel ain't too shabby.