Gary Moore

Started by Pete C, February 06, 2011, 10:35:18 AM

Pete C

Just heard that Gary Moore died last night.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Get the hell out, just yesterday I was looking at a CD, blues guitar gods and his picture was on the cover, one hell of a guitar player thats for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pipes

Shocked!:(( what a Great loss ???

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Burtog

:'(Just found out, shocker! :'(

Not sure how he died tho?

R.I.P GM
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

What a shocker. Only 58. There's not many details on how / why, except he was found dead in his hotel room in Estepona in Spain. It's a nice little seaside town, that one.

I can't quite believe it...

Geir

Shocking news indeed.

He was one of my big heroes when I started playing guitar. I first became aware of him in '79 one summer I was living at my grandma's, because I had a summer job in her hometown. One night the Norwegian TV (yes the Norwegian TV, we only had on channel in those days) showed a concert with Thin Lizzy from Oslo. The raw energy and the melodic heavy guitars in harmony made a big impression of this young boy.

Black Rose have been one of my favourite albums since.

I haven't found a video from that concert, but this is a (bad) audio clip from that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCuoH6HNgEE

I've been so lucky to have seen Gary Moore in concert, but was hoping to see him again this summer, 'cause just 3 days ago it was announced that he was to open the "Notodden Blues Festival" just an hours drive from where I live.

I'll have to live on the memories now .... R.I.P. Gary Moore !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Can,t quite believe this one,a great guitarist who,s always been around when I,ve been listening to music, a great loss  R.I.P  Gary Moore
recorder
Boss BR-80