Savage Beauty

Started by Bluesberry, February 05, 2011, 06:44:36 PM

Hi BB if you turn out goodies like this when it's snowing I think we should send you to the North Pole and we could have them all year.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Quote from: andrewh on February 06, 2011, 02:52:51 AMThe master Songcrafter strikes again...always love it when you go Prog BB!

Could not have said it better myself! Love that guitar solos, too - They have a great dissonant quality to them but fit so well in the mix. Sweet!!

You write awesome songs, bro!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

It's a beauty indeed. I love all the synth sounds here and the heavy fuzz guitars, especially towards the end. I really like the synth soundscape and guitar solo starting at 2:25 as well, really atmospheric. Great structure, great drum programming. I was even expecting Lobster Man/Boy to jump out of the "Frozen Sea" section.

Progtastic indeed, you need to issue a triple album in a gatefold sleeve to do your prog work justice. Really enjoyed this a lot, very well done sir!

Oh and now I'm really liking what's going on at 4:50! Everytime I listen to it I get a new favourite bit!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

A very ambitious piece. Sweet guitars and synth and organ sound is spot on. Laser light show worthy!

Gnasty

Wow i missed this one BB...Tons of different vibes from the the time changes you have going in this song.

Solid keys and the guitars are pure...This is a stellar piece from you once again!!

NICE AND DOWNLOADED!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

holdempok

love the changes BB. you really hit the spot on this one. I know a few people that got stuck on LSD..(Chicago) they seriously thought they were going to die.

Now we have the thaw. uh oh I feel a new song coming...
Why don't we do it on the road?

henwrench

As has been said, we love it when you go all proggy. I honestly don't know how you put this stuff together, another amazing lesson in the art of 'the journey'. A path that leads from a beginning to an end with so much to take in on the way... welcome to the world of BB. Ace.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: henwrench on February 17, 2011, 04:26:22 AMI honestly don't know how you put this stuff together
And neither do I...........I usually start with one chord and see where it takes me hehe......this songwriting is mysterious stuff.  This one started with a phrase in my head, savage beauty, I said that to myself watching a howling winter storm outside my window.............and then came a chord, and then another chord, well you get the picture, I basically made it up as I went along.  I am a patterns kind of guy, I love trying to make patterns out of randomness, so for me one of my songwriting methods is to play a bunch of stuff, just make it up as I go along, throw a bunch of stuff against the wall, and then look back at it (listen back to it) and try to wrestle it into some kind of pattern, this song was exactly like that, thats the kind of songwriting I like the best.  It was like watching a snowstorm unfold.  And I guess thats why these kind of songs of mine feel like a journey, because thats exactly what it was while I was making this one.........a journey through my mind hahahahaha

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

SUPER SONG AND SUPER SOUND LOVED THE EFFECTS A BIG BUMP REGARDS NEIL

FuzzFace

Great song... from what I hear just as applicable now as it was 4 years ago...