it's embarrassing dad by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 05, 2011, 01:47:08 PM

Satchwood

Love it JIM, you are a brilliant and talented writer and composer!!  you Never cease to amaze me with the subject matter, so close to the heart !!  Excellent !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

This is really a great song to listen to, James!

The lyrics...well, I too passed through this phase, so I can understand well! And apart from this, the tune is built very, very well.

Wonderful piece of music, James!

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

daveyboy

I can relate to this, having two teenage daughters.
That aside its a wonderful song, that piano hook really gets you, and your vocal is very smooth and controlled.
Never heard of a Juno before, but after hearing this...I Want One! :)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv it, this is a great song.

Hilary

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 05, 2011, 06:46:28 PMThe Video to this should be you sitting modestly on the Livingroom arm chair, Legs crossed.... But Naked...!

Please God NO!

Oh I can relate to this too, the only time my daughters speak to me is when they want money or food and they mostly get the food themselves! Still have a 9 yr old that won't hold my hand anymore but we still do have a laugh together. I know it's not going to last long though :(
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Cool bump - must've been lurking when it originally came out...

I haven't seen my lot since they were 4 years old, so I kinda missed this bit of the process...

Funnily enough, though, I am currently rehearsing the songs that I was writing about them back in 1994. So there might be a burst of "parent" songs from me soon (I've yet to hear wot they sound like though, so if they're too cringeworthy, I shall be keeping them to meself :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

dasilvasings

Thanks for the bump - I completely missed this!

I CAN'T relate! yet... dasilvasingette is only 2 yo and nanosilvasings is only 1 yo!

I am in that period of life that I am always complaining I don't have time to myself... My daily agony is to take dssingette to nursery school +/- 1000 m from home and take 45 minutes to do so... And always in a hurry to arrive in time to work...

Thanks for the reality check. I really have to enjoy the moment (and I am enjoying despite occasional grumpiness!).

Musically speaking, I really like this song. I don't know if it is the backing synth, but this reminds me Joy Division. It is weird, since the lyrics are humorous and the song is relatively grim, but brings a lot of interest to the song. Congratulations!

You are in my list for a collab, but my problem at the moment is time... I would love to add a bassline for a song of yours.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DeificDave

Cracking tune and a great lyric..I embarrass my kids too!    ???
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos