Recording an album soon

Started by Facemask93, February 05, 2011, 11:11:17 AM

Ferryman

A degree in sound engineering? I am soooo jealous of kids these days when all this stuff is taken so seriously! My nephew is doing a similar thing (not a degree course but some form of diploma in music technology) and has to study various musical genres. Homework would have been a lot easier if I had had to study that kind of thing!

Sounds like it will be great fun as well as a serious activity and I look forward to hearing the results.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Well , first time in the recording studio went really well , apart from a few minor problems , the journey ther took us a couple of hours to drive down the M25 in rush hour traffic , then after we had carried all of our equipment to studio 1 , we found out we could not connect anything that had not been tested beforhand by the technichians , but luckily , AK's daughter Jo Jo & her  friends had set up mic's and things before we arrived , so we just used  a mix of studio equipment , next we were told our recording time had been reduced to two hours because of whatever , so after a quick warm up we got down to doing sound checks , thank goodness we were well rehearsed because we managed to get three songs completed in under an hour.
The bass and acoustics were connected via DI box's , and then the acoustics were also recorded using Neumann KM184 miniture mic's , and vocals were recorded using a Neumann TLM 193 condenser mic , set about a metre back , because they will be recorded again later in a vocal booth and overdubbed , there was also a surround sound mic above and to the front of us.
I managed to only take a couple of pics because of lack of time time , but i'm hoping to video our next session on tuesday next week for our next three songs.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

looking good cannea wait to hear the fruits of your labour
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

Here's a couple more

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Flash Harry

Thats the cleanest looking studio I have ever seen!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Facemask93

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 12, 2011, 06:05:29 PMThats the cleanest looking studio I have ever seen!

And its in a Uni , wheres all the cheap cider cans and macky d bags ha ha

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Tangled Wires

Cool pic's Rob, glad it went well for you, looking forward to hearing the results.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

This is Gonna be Great!

Cant Wait!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SteveB

If the professionally-recorded songs come up to the same standard as the ones you've uploaded here etc, they should really be worth listening to.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Gnasty

I`m sure it`ll be A++++++++ on the project when it`s done ...Can`t wait!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity