The 12th Day – mr2kewl Original

Started by mr2kewl, February 05, 2011, 10:39:16 AM

mr2kewl

The 12th Day
Time:
0:00
Volume:
emuFest (banner image missing)

this all came about in an odd sorta way and all from my microKEY, which i think qualifies it for the EMU fest before it expires.

i did the electric piano first and it turned out chock full of hiss.

so, in an attempt to remove the hiss with Audacity, it was completely altered from the way the electric piano feel started out.

rather then scrap it, my thought was just glob on some more stuff.

sorta the "Throw it against the wall and see what sticks" theory.

well...

it kinda stuck.

by the way, thanks for listening.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

64Guitars

Sorry for the delay in adding this to the emuFest jukebox. I wanted to discuss it first with the rest of the admin team because of the use of piano. We decided to accept this one this time, but we ask all members to please not use any traditional instruments in songs for emuFest. Except for drums and vocals, all sounds should be purely electronic (generated by electronic oscillators as opposed to electro-mechanical sound creation in instruments such as guitars or electric pianos) and should not emulate traditional instruments. I explained this in detail in my January 3rd post of the rules for emuFest here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=9746.msg131420#msg131420

I hate being too strict about rules, so I added this recording to the emuFest jukebox despite the use of a traditional instrument. But rules are necessary for our festivals. Otherwise, the festival jukeboxes wouldn't be any different than the Latest Songs jukebox and there'd be no point having festivals. So please everyone, try to follow the rules of the festival when you're creating your songs.

Thanks.

Oh, and cool, imaginative composition mr2kewl. Very atmospheric.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Sounds pretty electronic to me! The piano sound definitely got a bit buried there under something different. Spiky ambient and very cool. Enjoyed this one, helped me meander for a while.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi I'm playing catchup so I'm a bit late getting to this. It's the end of the day at work which was a bit manic so this has serenity which is more than welcome...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800