Snowed in

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, February 03, 2011, 05:14:41 AM

Hi all, how many of you guys in the US and Canada are snowed in? Looks pretty bad from what I can see on the web. On the good side if you can't get to work you might just have to amuse yourselves with guitars and keyboards and drums etc. Stay warm............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Quote from: Willie Wendon on February 03, 2011, 05:14:41 AMHi all, how many of you guys in the US are snowed in?
Canada too...snow from Southern Ontario all the way to Newfoundland yesterday...we got 30 cm...Parts of Nova Scotia got 45 cm in about 4 hours.  What a storm.  If I didn't know better I'd say somebody was manipulating the weather...creating weather weapons...this all part of the testing process...time to get out my tinfoil long underwear.  How you making out Cuthbert, down there in Eastern USA...should we send out a search party for you? In all seriousness, this is becoming one of the snowiest winters I can remember in a long while.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

It's all faded into memory here in London, but it's only a matter of weeks since the country was plunged into snowy chaos. I'd recommend finding a convenient liquor store you can trudge to (if any are open...) and spending some quality time with that old pal of ours Jack Daniels, lol. And a guitar of course. The sun is shining here today... a false Spring alert, probably. Stay safe and warm everyone!

Perhaps Small Tins of Fruit can write us a special Winter Song, lol.

Bluesberry

You are right Tim...the one good thing about a monster snow storm...great excuse to stay inside and drink...can't go anywhere anyway.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

peterp

I suspect I am at fault!
My snowthrower broke last Sunday, I suspect that opened up way for the storms to come fying in!

Ya we got about 30cm here too in my part of Ontario, and as soon as I managed to dig it out of the driveway a plow came and put it all back in.  ::)

Part comming from sears, 120$ for a belt, and should be here by Feb 14, so more storms are quite likely  until then :D

I had a bit of trouble calling in to work to say I was snowed in as I normally telework, I'm not sure they bought the huge snowdrift in the hallway story..  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Gritter

Snow...what's that?  ;)

Oh that stuff on the mountain tops? Looks real pretty up there.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on February 03, 2011, 08:11:35 AMSnow...what's that?  ;)

Oh that stuff on the mountain tops? Looks real pretty up there.
Hahahaha, just for that I will use my mental powers and send you a snowstorm way out there in Vancouver land.  Get ready...your only defense to to cover your windows with tinfoil...here comes the brain waves.......can you feel it.....vibes of snow......is it working.......

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Bluesberry blowing out his driveway...

recorder