Songs, songs and backing tracks

Started by Spiritsong, February 01, 2011, 01:38:32 PM

Spiritsong

Heya all,
Been spending a little listening to some jams here...WOW...there are some very talented people here!
Question...where can I find some backing tracks that I can use for some recordings. I mean..lets say I want to make a recording and place it on a CD...so, it will have to be (not sure if this is the right word), Royalty Free. So, I don't know if they are available here or if there is another website?

I'm still very new at this recording stuff and know know the ifs ands or whys about it.

Geir

This is a discussion we have from time to time. And I'm sure somebody will jump in and give an answer.

What you could start with is the backers that we have made ourself. We had a RockFest back in 2009 and some really good backers were made. Look under 2009 at the "festivals" link on top of the page. Just PM the one who made the backer and ask for their permission if your gonna use it outside this site !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Hey .... we should really make some more backers !!! I know a lot of us would appreciate that !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

by making a recording and placing it on a CD, I'm assuming you mean for personal use, not to try to sell correct?

For stuff you want to jam along to, here's where I pick up most backers that I work on.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

Now that I'm learning to play a little better, I'm losing my dependence on backers and starting to do more and more of my own work. I would have quit playing if I didn't have backers to jam along to, but eventually I want to do it all, and play with the big boys here.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

peterp

Your term is correct you are looking for "Royalty Free" or "Public Domain" backing tracks (that can be reused commercially (I  think is what you are looking for).)

Not all can, read the fine print on any site before you make use of their material!

I like this site http://newbackingtracks.com/ the backers are pro quality and excellent
but their material is for personal practice use only.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Spiritsong

Quote from: Geir on February 01, 2011, 02:07:17 PMThis is a discussion we have from time to time. And I'm sure somebody will jump in and give an answer.

What you could start with is the backers that we have made ourself. We had a RockFest back in 2009 and some really good backers were made. Look under 2009 at the "festivals" link on top of the page. Just PM the one who made the backer and ask for their permission if your gonna use it outside this site !!

Thanks Geir, I'll check out.

Spiritsong

Quote from: Tony W on February 01, 2011, 02:14:16 PMby making a recording and placing it on a CD, I'm assuming you mean for personal use, not to try to sell correct?

For stuff you want to jam along to, here's where I pick up most backers that I work on.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

Now that I'm learning to play a little better, I'm losing my dependence on backers and starting to do more and more of my own work. I would have quit playing if I didn't have backers to jam along to, but eventually I want to do it all, and play with the big boys here.

Really looking for both tracks to use as personal and possibly later to distribute CDs.
I'm a very honest person and would never use anyone else's tracks for profit.
I know I would be ticked if someone took a track that I created and recorded over it to make money.
But what I'd like to find is some sites that either offered backing tracks for free or to pay for them.
I've purchased a couple of backing track CDs, but the pickings are slim from what I have found.
I'm looking for different backing instruments (acoustic G, electric G, cello, stand up bass, different drums) and even electronic music that I can play my flutes with.
Yes, I can do my own backing with my acoustic guitar and drums..but want to expand my horizons.

Spiritsong

Quote from: peterp on February 01, 2011, 02:16:38 PMYour term is correct you are looking for "Royalty Free" or "Public Domain" backing tracks (that can be reused commercially (I  think is what you are looking for).)

Not all can, read the fine print on any site before you make use of their material!

I like this site http://newbackingtracks.com/ the backers are pro quality and excellent
but their material is for personal practice use only.

Thanks for the info..this is helping.

Tony W

Quote from: Spiritsong on February 01, 2011, 02:44:45 PMReally looking for both tracks to use as personal and possibly later to distribute CDs.
I'm a very honest person and would never use anyone else's tracks for profit.
I know I would be ticked if someone took a track that I created and recorded over it to make money.
But what I'd like to find is some sites that either offered backing tracks for free or to pay for them.
I've purchased a couple of backing track CDs, but the pickings are slim from what I have found.
I'm looking for different backing instruments (acoustic G, electric G, cello, stand up bass, different drums) and even electronic music that I can play my flutes with.
Yes, I can do my own backing with my acoustic guitar and drums..but want to expand my horizons.

I highly recommend finding some music you like here on the site, and trying to hook up with a few collaborations. Some of these nut jobs around here can crank out some music at a ridiculous pace. The most fun I've had on this site has been collabing.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR