'Buckaroo' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, January 31, 2011, 08:29:15 AM

Greeny

09_TIM GREEN_Buckaroo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a spiky little one, inspired by the famous game of the same name  ;D

Very bass-heavy, with interweaving and spiteful Telecaster and Les Paul. All done by me on the MBR.

FuzzFace

This is a fun song.
Very well composed, and arranged, and performed, and written... great job all around!

(I am listening to distinguish the Les Paul parts from the Tele parts... continuing our other conversation).

cuthbert

And a fine rocker it is, too. I'm going to listen again to that Telecaster & Les Paul competition.  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gu Djin

Never played the game - but I get the gist - Nicely done.

Not sure about the LP and Tele, though I think I can - yet next time I play it I change my mid.  I think each of us inject ourselves into our sounds - the instrument helps you play the sounds but the sounds are still from the musicians head and articulated with their fingers.

Good sounds whatever - I like

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Redler

Killer pop-rock song, Tim! Melodic as your tunes always are. I loved the bass line and the sounds is cool! Which preset did you use on it? And did you edit that preset?

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Redler on January 31, 2011, 09:39:55 AMI loved the bass line and the sounds is cool! Which preset did you use on it? And did you edit that preset?

Thanks Kari!

I always use the BassCrnch patch - on every single song. It's never tweaked or adjusted in any way. I just turn the BR input and guitar input volumes up to max and play.

It works so well that I've never even considered doing it any other way.

Tangled Wires

Played this game many times as a child, and love the reference in the lyrics to the game...really clever stuff.

The song rocks, an edgier tune compared to your recent offerings.

The interweaving guitars sound fantastic, I am always envious of how you combine different guitar parts so perfectly. The solo at 2.28 is a belter, some nifty finger work there.

The bass completely drives the song along, and I tend to do exactly what you do in that I nearly always use the Bass Crunch effect at 100% with no tweaking to the standard settings.

Production as always top class....top stuff!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I should add that I played the bass with a (heavy) plectrum on this. I usually play with my fingers, but this one needed a bit more snap and edge.

Geir

Oh yeah !! 3rd listen already and even a panhole like me dig the extreme panning of the guitars ... even in headphones :D

I love it !!! Foot-tapping and catchy ....... It's a hit !!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann