FAWM 2011 (And skirmish)

Started by T.C. Elliott, January 30, 2011, 07:03:34 PM

T.C. Elliott

Starts in a day or so... anyone interested?
You write 14 songs in 28 days and the idea is to just get the songs out. Some people do awesome recordings as well, but usually the polish comes later.

http://fawm.org/

Also, once or twice a week during FAWM (and 50/90) there is hosted a song skirmish in which a title is posted on the forum (and in a chat room) and everyone has an hour to write and record and then post a song. Usually extra time is given for posting and some people even take an hour or two to do it all. ( A friend, Hoops takes up to two weeks sometimes.) But the idea is to get a song done fast and to listen to all the other entries as well. You're a winner if you get a song.

I was thinking with all the songwriters around here it might be something that is more interesting. I'll post about the skirmishes when i remember and closer to time.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

K
If any of you were there let me know and I'll listen to songs. I ended up with like 31, although I still have to do vocals on one and finish/polish verse lyric on another. Yeah 31. A lot more than I thought I'd get.

For the rest of you... you missed out. But I'll be back listening to music soon. Sorry to be absent.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London