Dangerous Streets

Started by Gu Djin, January 30, 2011, 01:18:13 PM

Gu Djin

Cheers:

LG  - very perceptive, I still had the idea for the Peter Grimes Saga in my head when I was putting the arrangement together and even when I laid the guitar lead on top, I wondered if it would fit.

Thanks all I'm glad you don't mind me posting some grimy guitar. 

I won't mention you all! Oh well I will!
Facemask93 - Boognish - Bluesberry - Greeny and Satchwood - Gary F and Danieldesete - and finally but never lastly  Geir and LG.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Tangled Wires

Brooding, menacing and mesmerising piece of music, I love the slow stomping melody created with the drums and synth.
I love the fact that your not playing an "obvious" lead, and going off the beat very slightly at times...it really gives it an extra edge.
The tone of the lead is remarkable.

Second listen now.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

if quentin tarrintino doers a spghetti western he should use this as the theme, thiose guitars growl yeah baby
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SwanSong

HI , by the way excellent tune. very interesting sound from  guitar.
enjoyed. it.  actually too bad there s not a tv show called angerous
streets or facsimily   either way this is a thumbs up very nice original
different and unique. regards neil

Gritter

Totally cool. Stand alone creativity. Great imagination, very captivating - grimy, groggy and gritty.

scottieD

Freaky and scary...belongs in a post apocalyptic sci fi thriller, Italian style...oozes menace...love it.

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

Gu Djin

Cheers all much appreciate that you took some time to listen and comment.

MMmenace was my intention with this andrewh, I hoped to get it by contrasting the light and bouncy accompaniment with the nasty, growly guitar Jim(ORH), though in truth it was really just an excuse to make some tasty noise.  Thanks Neil - I don't know if you noticed but there is a stutter in the accompaniment, I put in an extra beat after every complete cycle to throw it a bit off kilter.  I wasn't sure if it worked, or just made it sound ugly in a way I hadn't intended, which explains the grogginess Gritter, but it seems to have had the desired effect and scottieD those streets were scary.

Again thanks all for the interest.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Very moody and deep, that guitar grates and keeps the edge going all the way through. Download for when I get home............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Gritty coolness, Leigh!

Love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Wow, this is a bit different and intriguingly so. I love the way it builds and the opposing stereo parts work really well. Great feel and really imaginative sounds throughout. Excellent post sir, well done.

cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR