Post your Worst work

Started by Flash Harry, November 21, 2008, 08:18:38 AM

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: vigwig on December 10, 2011, 09:05:50 AMthis is so bad I have never played it for anyone else.  You do mean bad as in bad not bad as in good, don't you?

Vig, I've not heard this one......how long ago did you do it? Sometimes bad is good.....

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 10, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: vigwig on December 10, 2011, 09:05:50 AMthis is so bad I have never played it for anyone else.  You do mean bad as in bad not bad as in good, don't you?

Vig, I've not heard this one......how long ago did you do it? Sometimes bad is good.....

Farrell

Hey Vic, I just noticed that you got my 500th post....Whooo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a hero member!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

05 Every Red Blooded Boy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I never saw this thread before. Right now I'm listening to some of my worst, wondering if it's good enough to post here.

What the hell.

This is a demo recording from sometime in the 80's. It gloriously shows all of my worst impulses as a songwriter and arranger:

• self-righteous
  • didactic
  • pedantic (see above)
  • clusterfuck rhythms
  • not being able to tell the guitar is out of tune
  • singing

To their credit, my band refused to learn it. At the time, I thought they were just unenlightened. I know now that the song just sucks. Yet I still wonder whether there's a good song in there fighting to get out.

Every Red Blooded Boy
©1985-ish Ted Johnson
All instruments: Me
Recorded on a Ross 4x4

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

vigwig

Farrell, I made this one in 2009, it is one of my first (and first garbage) ones.  Never posted it or let anybody listen to it.
Vic

Gnasty

QuoteTo their credit, my band refused to learn it. At the time, I thought they were just unenlightened. I know now that the song just sucks. Yet I still wonder whether there's a good song in there fighting to get out.

Hahaha Ted! That had me in stitches!  Hey yeah the guitar is out of tune but that`s not a bad recording for back then to me. I can hear the words really good or should i have? Frank Zappa would of been proud of this.!

I just like to know if you had to do a lot of takes on the vocals? Did you not laugh singing this yourself?

Especially the i`m not a slave to the tyrant in my pants!! LOL
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Ted

Quote from: Gnasty on December 11, 2011, 08:44:25 AMEspecially the i`m not a slave to the tyrant in my pants!! LOL

Cringe.

You see, Gnasty, the song wasn't supposed to be funny.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Quote from: Davidsen on December 11, 2011, 04:19:21 PMI dont think anyone who posts a song in this thread should get offended at the reactions... isn't that what this thread is for??!!! :o

Absolutely. I think this thread is for inviting others to laugh at your least-shining moments. The cringe factor is unavoidable.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Curd

Bill The Dump Gnome
Time:
0:00
Volume:
There may be worse ones, but I hope not...

dasilvasings

Quotethis shows who excessive quantities of alcohol can affect your judgement, i thought this was brilliant till i sobered up.
is just a list of all things swedish.

Brilliant!

QuoteOK... time to unleash the real sh*t! This is me at my most Beat poet pretentious. A half-spoken poem / Kerouac homage over some jazzy beats and wah guitar, fuelled by a fair amount of weed. Hmmmm... 

I give you '46 States of Unconsciousness'* ... if that's how you spell it, lol.

*46 States is my tally of American states visited.

Loved it!

Generally speaking, there is something wrong with this thread... or is it my taste?
recorder
Boss Micro BR