The Old Faun's Dance

Started by alfstone, January 27, 2011, 04:28:57 AM

Bluesberry

Very good music, classical almost.  Composed. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

A pretty soundscape with lots to hear...gentle, eventful. Paints a completely different picture than the cartoon you posted.

I hear a David Foster influence here.

SwanSong

hi very smootH listening , and meditative. nice production
and well executed easy on the ears best regards NEIL

Ferryman

Bunga bunga, but agree the music did not really conjure up Silvio and his shenanigans for me. It;s far too sophistciated for that. A great piece of work, I love the layers and the instrumetation - can you explain how you did it?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Quote from: Ferryman on February 02, 2011, 09:26:25 AMBunga bunga, but agree the music did not really conjure up Silvio and his shenanigans for me. It;s far too sophistciated for that. A great piece of work, I love the layers and the instrumetation - can you explain how you did it?

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks everybody!  :)

Well...you see, it's a sort of nightmare that many here are actually living...an incredible shame...so, since day after day we are bombarded by more and more shocking  :o news, while I was completing this tune, it looked to my ears something like a tribal dance, even if coming from a more peaceful idea.

But, yes, Gritter is right, probably it was better to avoid the cartoon (it's the front cover of one of the most popular books here today, the translated title sounds more or less "Bitch-cracy"  :-[), and leave more to everyone's imagination.

The origin was the beginning acoustic guitar riff. To that I added some counterpoint with electric guitar (Gibson Les Paul with a couple of Amplitube patches). Then, for the more rhytmhic part, I've used a couple of electric bass sounds (Yamaha electric bass with some GuitarRig bass patches), upon some loops of drums. Casually I found also some orchestral loops that to my ears went perfectly with the general mood of the tune, so...on board the orchestral strings too!  :D

So, layer after layer, it's a (not-so-simple) mix of: acoustic guitar - electric guitar - bass guitar - loops, all going in and out at various moments of the tune.

Everything, as usual, mixed with Audacity 3, and finally "spiced-up" with the dear, OLD (but extremely GOOD, to my ears) T-Racks 24.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Boognish

sounds great, alfredo... a lot of work went into this track and it shows.
Okay to cover.

Greeny

Sublime, sophisticated, clever and deep. i.e. Everything that Berlusconi isn't! The more I listened, the more this blew me away. You're a composer in the truest sense of the world. Simply stunning.

Ferryman

Quote from: alfstone on February 02, 2011, 05:16:54 PMThe origin was the beginning acoustic guitar riff. To that I added some counterpoint with electric guitar (Gibson Les Paul with a couple of Amplitube patches). Then, for the more rhytmhic part, I've used a couple of electric bass sounds (Yamaha electric bass with some GuitarRig bass patches), upon some loops of drums. Casually I found also some orchestral loops that to my ears went perfectly with the general mood of the tune, so...on board the orchestral strings too!  :D

So, layer after layer, it's a (not-so-simple) mix of: acoustic guitar - electric guitar - bass guitar - loops, all going in and out at various moments of the tune.

Everything, as usual, mixed with Audacity 3, and finally "spiced-up" with the dear, OLD (but extremely GOOD, to my ears) T-Racks 24.

Just listened again, absolutely love it and thanks so much for the explanation of how you did this. I'm slightly sad there is no You Rock guitar in here!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Very nice..I love the way it slowly builds up to a creshendo and then falls back to how it all started at 3.20.

Some excellent playing and layering of sounds, and put together fantastically well.

A lush beautiful soundscape.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Wow! I missed this.

It's fabulous, off for another listen....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.