Sheet music

Started by peterp, January 25, 2011, 09:40:35 PM

peterp

Could not figure out which section this might fit in so I dropped it in General.
In case anyone is looking for some sheet music.

Was looking for some sheet music tonight when I found musicnotes.com, huge library of digital download song sheets for purchase.
Careful if you buy anything, I got  2 tries  at printing the song I licensed, and it puts your name on each page it prints. If your printer fails you are SOL.
http://www.musicnotes.com/guitartab/

I got one of the songs that had  the Guitar Guru teaching aid as part of it.
The Guitar Guru player neatly shows you a fretboard layout and plays all the left and right hand fingerings for each guitar part, you can adjust the tempo to match you eyeball speed!

The song I pulled down was "Bad Things" by Jace Everett.
Boy was I surprised to find it is scored for 4 electrics, 1 acoustic and 1 pedal steel guitar.
They did not include the score for the bass and percussion parts with the guitar file.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

I just get the chords (for free) then make the rest up by ear. The free chord / tab sites are getting a right hammering at the moment over copyright, so get 'em while you can...

peterp

I went the way of the youtube and tab sites first, none of them were comming close.
Probably because the song was not scored to be played by one person.

This fellow came the closest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzjSigQsJWA but still missing large chunks.
And I tried to watch videos of Jace playing the tune himslef, rotten cameramen not keeping the lens on the fretboard!

Anyway not a normal path for me to go paying for something like this, but I thought it was a good find for when you are getting stuck. I've only bought one other sheet music before from Long&McQuade (wreck of the edmund fitzgerald) and they charged just about as much for the paper without the training file.

Agree with Greeny get them while you can!
Never know when "the copyright inquission" folk will show up and burn down your favourite site.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

:) Just try to find the tabs for "la Colombe (the Dove)" by Joan Baez.
Tabs no where to be found anymore, the mostly correct lyrics are still available on seveal lyric sites :)

From my 60's memory (very faulty)  I remember it was a pile of heavy depressing minor chords.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR