How Far Would I get?

Started by Greeny, January 24, 2011, 10:06:36 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_How FAR WOULD I GET_128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I know it's predictable, but it's Monday, so I'm posting a new Greeny original :D

All done on the MBR, with acoustic guitar, telecaster, piano, bass, and vocals. It's been squished to 128kbps, and it's a bit rough and ready round the edges (i.e. I got lazy, lol).

How Far Would I get?

Nobody's evergreen
there's always some leaves out of place
but it shows that we're real
not some cheap plastic flowers that grin
then fade

sometimes it's peace
and sometimes it's war in love
but to sit on the sidelines
with the neutrals is never enough

when the swing goes too high
and your feet touch the sky
sometimes we all want to get down

but how far would i get
if I walked away?
Would I even make it
To the end of the road?
Before the inner compass of regret
Turned these old shoes
Back for home
Once again

Even the calmest streams
Can get enraged by the rain
But it's all par for the course
For every let-down there's a break

Repeat bridge & chorus

Facemask93

Greeny , musics answer to the Stig , no-one knows just how he does it every Monday

Great stuff mate as usual

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

TFI monday

brilliant ya lazy bugger.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Another great song Greeny!  Your a very talented song writer, musician, and singer !!   Brit Country Pop....

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Brightens my Monday, and in my opinion you would get a hell of a long way. Loved it......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

"inner compass of regret"

Four words.  A lesser songwriter wouldn't have been able to express that feeling in four long verses.

Now I shall slink off to my songwriter's meeting knowing the fraud that I am...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

there must be a musical guiding star somewhere in the universe ..... I had just posted the lyrics to my latest collab with Tharek when I discovered this ....  .... the "inner compass" .. :)

Another great song Tim and I love the lyrics !! You're a poet my friend !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Geir on January 25, 2011, 06:59:06 AMthere must be a musical guiding star somewhere in the universe ..... I had just posted the lyrics to my latest collab with Tharek when I discovered this ....  .... the "inner compass" .. :)

Another great song Tim and I love the lyrics !! You're a poet my friend !!

Thanks! I think I may strip this song down to acoustic only and see how it sounds. I like the song and the lyrics, but there's a bit too much happening in the mix at the moment

Ferryman

The lyrics on this are magnificent, what a wordsmith you are (btw, have you been arguing with the missus?). The music creates a great platform for the words to flow.

I agree the mix is a little busy, perhaps the vox are a bit low because you have some nice guitar work going on there. I think it may be that you need to bring the vox up a bit, I do like the lush guitar sound and the intertwining bits, I wouldn't want to lose them!

Loved it btw!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on January 25, 2011, 09:07:51 AMThe lyrics on this are magnificent, what a wordsmith you are (btw, have you been arguing with the missus?).

Thanks, Nigel - It feels like I've been running out of words recently. Might be because I write way too many songs?!  :D

Just to clarify, this one isn't about personal experience!!! She warned me you'd all think that when I was writing it, lol. The truth is more practical: thanks to bloody Taxi.com, I'm trying to see what happens if I write songs that are a bit more 'universal'. I stepped outside of myself a little for this one and tried to be less cryptic / psychedelic / odd, lol.

I'm definitely stripping this one down and tinkering with it. I think it needs a slightly softer approach to carry the vocal better.