Folk/Fast-Folk

Started by badrail, January 23, 2011, 06:44:33 PM

badrail

Good Day,
Anybody here into the Folk or Fast Folk acoustic music genre? I have a few originals completed, but I have one set of lyrics that the music for it is just not happening. I can explain it all through a PM if any interested part might want to get semi-informally involved with suggestions. Thanks

Respectively,
Wes
Bad-Rail

Facemask93

Hi Badrail , are you a singer / songwriter , or do you just write , and what area of folk are you into ,name a few bands

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

badrail

Well, I'm not sure what variations of folk there are. I write acoustic guitar stuff (actually if I ever get my first album together I'm simply going to call it "My Stuff") I can't finger pick very good (if at all...), only strum and I use just the easy basic chords with the exception of the last one I wrote which has some 7's and suspended stuff, it sounds pretty good (I'm learning). As far as who this is patterned after or a style, not a clue. I just write lyrics about my life experiences, some in the coast guard (which I should expand upon with the sea being a great subject) and then try to match some music to it. I do sing, but coordinating playing and singing at the same time is questionable, that's why I want to record my own stuff when I get my BR600. I have 15 originals, two of which I'm stuck finding music for. I can to do a cover of Hal Ketchcum's solo version of 5 O'Clock World that is on you-tube, I can use that as a basic description of what I do. There is also a crooner/producer named Billy Crockett in Wimberly Texas that I have become friends with and have discussed the creative process with. His music is top floor stuff compared to my bargain basement efforts. Anyway, I'll post some of "My Stuff" on here after getting some of it recorded and go form there. Thanks for the response. BTW where are ya?

Geir

Hi Wes!

I guess a few of my songs can be characterised as "folk/fast folk" (e.g. : "This is a song" "Monkey rides a goat",   "Monkey train" and "Nothing new".

If you wanna collab just PM me

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........