Impossivel (folk/songwriter)

Started by stoman, January 23, 2011, 06:53:44 AM

Redler

I'm on my third listening now... I really like this. Very beautiful song. The guitars sounds so good; the strummed and fingerpicked. The strings gives dramatic and effective flavor on this. Afterall, perfect job on each parts of this!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

This is a lovely song Steffen, I really like the arrangement, vox and guitar playing. And I think the strings are really effective on this. They sound great and really complement the song.

I did find the mix a little middly on my monitors but I like the balance and general feel, so personally I'd be happy with it as it is. You could spend quite a while tweaking it for not much gain IMO.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Beautifully done. A wonderful production, performance and songwriting package. This is the real deal. And as already pointed out, radio-ready. Fantastic work.

stoman

Great feedback, thank you all, folks!

Nigel, you are absolutely right - there is too much mid range there. I think I'll try a new mix when my room acoustics are no longer a problem.

Regards,
  Steffen

Donna D

I seem to remember this one, Steffen. Loved it then, love it now:)
Beautiful composition, arrangement, and performances.

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Mach

OTD bump. My first time hearing this...Excellent.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Quote from: Mach on January 23, 2017, 05:18:08 AMOTD bump. My first time hearing this...Excellent.

Now, that's really an old one. :)

I remember that the vocal recording was very challenging - but I would probably still be able to do a better mix now. If I can only find the project ... with a little luck it's on one of the external harddrives that have not died of old age. :)

Thanks for bringing this up again! :)