'Central Casting' - Original by Ted for EMU fest

Started by Ted, January 21, 2011, 01:05:31 PM

Damián

Amazing song! a kind of Reggae New Wave. Love it.
Fantastic influences and very original piece of music!!

Ted

Quote from: damian on February 05, 2011, 01:03:56 AMAmazing song! a kind of Reggae New Wave.

Like this?

That's painful to watch. Sorry.

Thanks for the bump. I'd accepted that this song had sunken into board obscurity.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

I like that the nerdy bald guy seemed to be having the most fun--more fun than the attractive blow-dried singers. See what I mean? Hair is the downpressor.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Masterbump. Two-and-a-half years is long enough.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

In 2009, many of us on the forum lived through the great "Uploading MP3's to the forum server will not be possible" scare.

Back then I converted many of my song posts to Soundclick links. Now I'm going through and making sure that there are MP3s on my old song posts, and masterbumping while I'm at it.

Technically, updating this post was not necessary – the first post in the tread was not SoundClick. But it wasn't the final mix. And I'm still taking the opportunity to masterbump. I'm kind of proud of this song, and would still like to do it live. Maybe with my band in Madagascar.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

tonyc

wow love it , superb lyrics .  more please ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

StephenM

With over 5000 views i can see why...this is great Ted...thanks for posting it back up.... kind of technoprogreggae... I likey!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on January 25, 2011, 07:17:54 PMThey seemed to like the song--testicle and all. Whew!

they generally don't mind those... without which they or me or us would not be here.. it is a necessary ingredient... maybe you can get around them nowadays by going to the bank but that was not the case in our generation. 

I really am enjoying reading through the comments on this as I listen on repeat.  First off, the lyrics really nail a human dilemma or just a way many of us are. 
I can relate because to some degree or a big degree I have always had to "dress the part" to fit in the group (s) I have been part of.  Along the way and now that I have some (alot more) flexibility I do alot more of what works for me and those who want to be in my life are generally welcome but if they try and make me conform to their image of what they think I need to be "look out!"  I am a peaceful rebel, but a rebel none the less (not in the southern sense but in the sense that "you ain't my mother" kind of thing")...  they stopped giving me a hard time about it once I made a stand.

the music is fun... I like the kind of Stevie Wonder whamp whamp bass in the right ear (not the right term and it is a keyboard I think)... I was not a reggae guy but I like music that leans that way such as what the Police were doing at times and also Rush leaned there some in the 80's and 90's... I like the way music styles infiltrate us and become a bit of a part of what artists might do. 
The star on this though is the vocals.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner