'Central Casting' - Original by Ted for EMU fest

Started by Ted, January 21, 2011, 01:05:31 PM

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH: I was trying to channel you when I filled the lyrics and melody around the original song kernel. It was on "our eyes meet" when I felt your spirit the strongest.  I also did the vocals in one take.
i was at one with you there. gaun yersel ted, why is it doing the vox in one take is always the best way?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 22, 2011, 10:18:00 AM
QuoteORH: I was trying to channel you when I filled the lyrics and melody around the original song kernel. It was on "our eyes meet" when I felt your spirit the strongest.  I also did the vocals in one take.
i was at one with you there. gaun yersel ted, why is it doing the vox in one take is always the best way?

I was also drinking a beer when I channeled you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

how can a song with the word testicle in it not be on the radio. Musically I love this. Vocally I love it. Lyrically... Ted I didn't think you could write a song without over thinking the lyrics too much yet you did it.

I'm doing the soundclick version right now. I dig the tweaking, although I thought the first version was fantastic. It does have a bit more bite to it.

There's a lot of debate bait in this! I love it!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on January 22, 2011, 07:49:14 PMThere's a lot of debate bait in this! I love it!

With some trepidation, I have asked a Rastafarian reggae artist I know to listen to this, and give me his thoughts. I think this song walks a line between confession and provocation. If I'd let myself over think the lyrics, I might have parsed my words more.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Facemask93

What a bloody good listen , im thinking more 10cc , but that's only if your making comparisons , otherwise it's Ted Wailer & the Testicals , I just love everthing about this song , and production wise it's faultless .
Excellent song , Bob Marley once said , one good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain ;

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Greeny

Love the layering and panning, and whole electro-reggae groove. And I very much doubt there has ever been (or ever will be!) a song with the words 'rainbow coloured testicle the size of a country ham' in it, lol. Great delivery on the vocal too. This is an excellent song that really grows on you. Lovely work!

dasilvasings

Cool song! very well done! Like the clavinet a lot! cool idea and coolinstrumenrtation. is there a jew harp somewhere? sounds like!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Cool n catchy song Ted, with some great dreamy electroniX,  fun lyrics too !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Hi Ted, thought I'd replied to this one, I'm getting worried,a Willie with dementia is a really scary thought. Never really listened to much reggae, Toots and the Maytals are my favourites although Ted and the Rainbow coloured Testicles could soon go for world domination. Downloading it now.........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800