Prescribe me a guitar

Started by FuzzFace, January 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM

alfstone

Quote from: Tony W on January 20, 2011, 07:23:38 PMdamn it alfstone, now I'm going to sidetrack. Have you looked at the Godin Multaic SA line? I've been kicking around the idea.

Hey Tony,

Of course I look at the Godin Multiac SA...since I have it!  ;D

I have the classical, and it's really a GREAT guitar. The freatbord is very fast and comfortable. I add that there are two different versions available, if you prefer a normal (of the dimensions of a true classical guitar) or "slim" neck. Since I like wide necks, I've choosen the normal one.

Not very expensive, but absolutely a great guitar, I can confirm.

You can buy it "a occhi chiusi", as we say here in Italy, or in English (????) "closed-eyes"

For many of the things I've posted here, I've used the Multiac, that I can use also combined with the GR-30 guitar synth and the VG-99. With that guitar (very comfortable, I repeat) you may have (almost) all the sounds in the world. And of course you may blend the sound of the classical guitar with the one coming out from the synth...infinite possibilities.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Gritter

QuoteNeeds to be a brand other than Epiphone and Ibanez

What's your beef with these brands?

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on January 21, 2011, 01:15:39 PM
QuoteNeeds to be a brand other than Epiphone and Ibanez

What's your beef with these brands?

personality clash

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Wiley

::)  Doesn't matter what brand or make!!! If the guitar suits you and your style!!  That is the one!!  I have a G&L  and wouldn't trade it ever!!!  I have 2 dream guitars!  A PRS and a Jackson Sustaniac!  They won't happen in my lifetime!!  To each his own!!   :D LOL But we can dream!!

FuzzFace

The search is not completed.
But I found a couple of guitars that struck a chord in me.

The Gretch Electromatic:

and the PRS Mike Ã…kerfeldt:

I can't say exactly what it is about them... they make the sounds I am looking for and they feel right.

Does anyone here have these or have some useful information?

Greeny

That PRS signature guitar was given an outstanding review by Guitarist magazine here in the UK. They are normally spot on. And I have my eye on a Gretsch Electromatic Sparkle Jet myself, but haven't played one yet.

Saijinn Maas

I've tried that PRS myself and I came REALLY close to picking it up! Very nice at a reasonable price than most PRS guitars. If it is between those two, I'd have a hard time NOT getting the PRS. Very versatile.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on January 24, 2011, 02:32:51 PMIf it is between those two, I'd have a hard time NOT getting the PRS. Very versatile.

I talked myself out of buying it.  But I think I am spoiled now.

FuzzFace

I might have to get past my bias and test drive this Ibanez.
Right now it's half the price of the PRS with which I am infatuated.
http://www.italmelodie.com/?section=item&itemID=1148