Prescribe me a guitar

Started by FuzzFace, January 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM

Greeny

Mr Strummer says buy a Tele!

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 19, 2011, 03:00:55 PM......... and extremely versatile (2 humbuckers, 1 single coil, and piezo bridge transducers for acoustic sound and synth access).
I think that's an ideal setup!!

I think Ibanez made one like that some years ago too. But if you can do without the piezo, at least go for the HSH setup. It's the most versatile combination that's still easy to switch between live. I think it was Ibanez that introduced this setup with the 5-way switch and coil-tap on the buckers. The setup gives you either one of the humbuckers, the singelcoil in the middel or the two mid-positions with one coil from a humbucker + the mid singelcoil. That covers almost every comination you need (missing the two bucker combination).

and a whammy-bar with a string-lock system (like the floyd-rose) won't go out of tune
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kenneth

I've heard your music, and I think a cool guitar (other than a super cool Telecaster) that would suit your music perfectly is a Danelectro. Inexpensive , fun , and interesting:

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

FuzzFace

Quote from: Kenneth on January 21, 2011, 07:01:17 AMDanelectro

I have tried these.  I love the style, but for me for some reason they feel like toy guitars.  I can't say why exactly though... I know there are pros who use them.

I actually love the look of the Longhorn Bass but have never played it.

Greeny

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 21, 2011, 07:28:02 AM
Quote from: Kenneth on January 21, 2011, 07:01:17 AMDanelectro

I have tried these.  I love the style, but for me for some reason they feel like toy guitars.  I can't say why exactly though... I know there are pros who use them.

I actually love the look of the Longhorn Bass but have never played it.

This is one of my babies - A Danelectro 'Dead on '67' Hornet. It's definitely not a toy guitar! It's a very good indie / garage / surf sounding tone machine. Very nice to play too. It's more suited to rock (e.g. perfect for a lot of the Jemima's Kite stuff), but has a great clean twang too.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM- Needs to be able to make a clean tone that does not sound like a duck quacking
No strats, then... ;D

Gotta be a Tele every time.  Have you seen that Fender Custom shops La Cabronita Especial?http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=9236666506
Fair enough it's expensive enough to necessitate a career in crime, but f#cking hell what a guitar...

I'm off to rob a bank.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

FuzzFace

Quote from: Greeny on January 21, 2011, 02:16:24 AMMr Strummer says buy a Tele!

Well between Avril Lavigne and Joe Strummer I'm getting the message!

Although the Godin's transducers for acoustic sound is interesting.  I think I am going to have to go for some test drives this weekend.

Gritter

QuoteI love the style, but for me for some reason they feel like toy guitars.

Solid plastic but Jack White sure likes his!