Prescribe me a guitar

Started by FuzzFace, January 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM

FuzzFace

Quote from: henwrench on January 20, 2011, 04:04:29 AMThey've all said it...... TELECASTER. Which one? How much you got?

henwrench

So many saying Telecaster.  I never played one.  I never liked the look.  Based on this feedback I guess I need to get passed my prejudice.

Quote from: Geir on January 19, 2011, 06:31:58 PM
Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM- Needs to be a brand other than ......... and Ibanez
I can't help you then ;D

Just for fun, then... what would be your answer?
(Since I'm challenging my prejudices today)

henwrench

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 20, 2011, 07:32:56 AMI never liked the look.  

Yeah, they are horrible aren't they......

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Quote from: henwrench on January 20, 2011, 07:40:48 AM
Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 20, 2011, 07:32:56 AMI never liked the look.  

Yeah, they are horrible aren't they......

henwrench

Sold!  Ha ha...

Actually I like in black.

Burtog

Yes a Tele.

I've got a '50s roadworn' which I love but relics are not everyone's cup of tea.

I also recently had a highway one (traded for above) not a bad guitar but it lacked something, the classic player series look very good value too!!
 :)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tony W

I'm surprised by the high number of tele suggestions myself. I've only played a tele just long enough to know it was setup right and record a couple minutes worth of music. I shipped it out the next day :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

two questions:

Do you want a whammy bar?
Are you gonna use it playing live?

and yeah there are things I like black too ...........

like my ...... coffee .......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

Quote from: Geir on January 20, 2011, 11:44:21 AMtwo questions:

Do you want a whammy bar?
Are you gonna use it playing live?

and yeah there are things I like black too ...........

like my ...... coffee .......

I will say no for the whammy bar because doesn't it make the guitar go out of tune easier?  For the amount of whammying I plan to do it's probably not worth it.

The guitar is primarily for recording however I am interested in knowing where you are going with this.

(I'm a black coffee man myself).

Gu Djin

I have a 1964 Guild Starfire 5, they don't make them anymore, but it meets your needs perfectly and it has a bigsby whammy arm - super slim neck, I believe the Gibson 335 and Epiphone dot, are similar models Lol.  It holds the strings in tune without any problem, even left hanging on the wall for a few weeks it never needs tuning.  The biggest problem would be finding one at the right price.  I've had mine since around 1965 and it's mine, all mine.

Now that's a really biased point of view - but I will add that I play my Telemex more and find it does most of what I want to - unless I'm looking for some dreamy wobbly solo's, then the old Guild comes off the wall, there's nothing to beat it in those scenarios

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

alfstone

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 19, 2011, 03:00:55 PMI really like Godin guitars. http://www.godinguitars.com/godinwhatsnewp.htm

I've owned two Gibsons and an Ibanez. They were pretty good guitars but I like my Godin xtSA a lot more. Excellent build quality, great sound, and extremely versatile (2 humbuckers, 1 single coil, and piezo bridge transducers for acoustic sound and synth access).

Check them out. I think you'll be impressed. And they're made in Quebec (La Patrie and Richmond).

Godin + 1  :)

I have the Freeway SA: great guitar (the one actually used by my guitar-god, John McLaughlin). Actually I have a Les Paul Standard too, and I have owned Stratos. But Godins have...something special. really. Try them.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Tony W

damn it alfstone, now I'm going to sidetrack. Have you looked at the Godin Multaic SA line? I've been kicking around the idea.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR