What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

StephenM

Mike, cool that you are a leftie... I never knew any leftie guitarists...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

a few years ago I hijacked the "family" room to install our studio...pretty much everyone who lives here (3 sometimes 4) are all musicians to one extent or another.  Plus I used to use this room for the acoustic trio group practice I was in.  I have alot of gadgets.  We even have an old organ with discrete circuit cards, actual old fashion components on them such as capacitors and transistors etc...
I have alot of stuff I hardly ever use anymore such as PA amps and speakers... I do play with a group live now again but there is a PA so I don't have to use any of mine... I would suppose that I will be getting rid of stuff shortly...I still like using the big speakers now and again but it's really hard to beat the reference monitors.  Houses in the US cost on average over 300K these days.  I live in one that would probably sell for 110.... it's got alot of room though...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Jean Pierre

nice home studio Stephen you have (like me) accumulated quite a lot of equipment...I recently acquired a pair of Adam T7V monitor speakers..and it completely changes my listening (I always mixed/mastered with headphones before..I still do of course but listening to the speakers always leads me to make some modifications
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

godinqc

This is what my recording space looks like .. It's a small space in one of my rooms.
Basically 2 Godin guitars, one P90 and HMB , Yamaha MX49 , BR800 , BR80 , Scarlet 2i2 , Presonus E4.5BT Monitors and an old pair of Sony Headphones which I will replace soon ..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

alfstone

Quote from: godinqc on December 12, 2021, 06:42:41 PMThis is what my recording space looks like .. It's a small space in one of my rooms.
Basically 2 Godin guitars, one P90 and HMB , Yamaha MX49 , BR800 , BR80 , Scarlet 2i2 , Presonus E4.5BT Monitors and an old pair of Sony Headphones which I will replace soon ..

Just curious...Does your nickname mean Godin quality control? I'm an absolute fan of Godin guitars...I have a Freeway SA, an ACS Sa and a A12...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

StephenM

I am guessing it's Godin as in the guitars (got that now from the photo) and perhaps QC for Quebec Canada?  Got that from another "conversation"

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

godinqc

Funny thing Guitarron was asking me the same question the other day , if it meant Godin Quality Control
Stephen had it right, I own 2 Godin LGs and used to live in the province of Quebec, Canada thus the QC at the end of Godin.
I'm now in Ontario, Canada .. I'm now a Franco Ontarian ..  :)
Yes I really like the Godin Guitars as they are well made and not that expensive, I purchased both my Guitars on Kijiji for about 1/2 the original price.. I almost bought a Freeway when I was looking for a second guitar ..  The ACS and A12 are also really nice guitars.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

For some reason, I looked up this photo of my old studio from 15 years ago.

Quote from: Ted on May 13, 2009, 09:44:42 AMSince you asked:

• Piano and Telecaster are on long-term loan to a friend in Tucson
  • That mic is in storage in the USA. This was before I overcame my doubts about the chintzy looking mic built in to the Micro BR
  • I have a real professional pop filter now, not one made out of a clothes hanger and panty hose.
  • The acoustic bass is with me in Madagascar, but the head snapped off and I haven't had it repaired yet.
  • The Micro BR in that photo was probably the one I blew out by plugging in the wrong adapter.

So here's an unvarnished update:

20240222-121917-480x640px.jpg

My most recent song was finished in our car. And I'm still using the homemade mic stand adapter that I tried to sell to my fellow MBR users. (I think I sold one.)

20240218-154336-640×480px.jpg

The homemade snap-on pop filter from 15 years ago came in handy for this session too.

20240218-154951-640×480px.jpg

I don't know whether it's sad or awesome that I am using less recording gear than I was 15 years ago. I have invested in a lot of pedals recently, so there's that.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveB

Quote from: godinqc on December 12, 2021, 06:42:41 PMThis is what my recording space looks like .. It's a small space in one of my rooms.

Oooh, I love it that other people use Cakewalk! Nice rig. Mine's all wrapped up due to UK winter – which seems to last in one respect or other for about ten months a year. The geets are home-built so I'm not too fussed about warping etc, in fact they will probably play better come spring.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on February 22, 2024, 02:56:43 AMFor some reason, I looked up this photo of my old studio from 15 years ago.

Quote from: Ted on May 13, 2009, 09:44:42 AMSince you asked:

• Piano and Telecaster are on long-term loan to a friend in Tucson
  • That mic is in storage in the USA. This was before I overcame my doubts about the chintzy looking mic built in to the Micro BR
  • I have a real professional pop filter now, not one made out of a clothes hanger and panty hose.
  • The acoustic bass is with me in Madagascar, but the head snapped off and I haven't had it repaired yet.
  • The Micro BR in that photo was probably the one I blew out by plugging in the wrong adapter.

So here's an unvarnished update:

20240222-121917-480x640px.jpg

My most recent song was finished in our car. And I'm still using the homemade mic stand adapter that I tried to sell to my fellow MBR users. (I think I sold one.)

20240218-154336-640×480px.jpg

The homemade snap-on pop filter from 15 years ago came in handy for this session too.

20240218-154951-640×480px.jpg

I don't know whether it's sad or awesome that I am using less recording gear than I was 15 years ago. I have invested in a lot of pedals recently, so there's that.

Ted,
I love your ingenuity... that pop filter made me go wow...I love it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24