What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Zoltan

If you're into 60's - 70's music and aren't familiar with Susan Christie... I'd recommend you to check out the Paint a Lady album. It's on Youtube in all its glory.

There are SO MANY great ones on that album, but one that stands for several reasons is the For the Love of a Soldier. The production is trippy (the artist herself calls her music as psychedelic folk) and i like the use of simplistic double stop riffing, use of wind instruments and the backing vocals that sound like they're run thru the leslie cabinets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpQTo66JlPg

There's also an interesting spoken word type of a piece about a drug trip. With drums.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

This is a very cool retro sound. I really like the production ideas in here such as the stops and the ups and downs of the music. The backing vocals do sound like they are being processed through a Leslie effect. Thanks for posting Zoltan! I'll check out more of her songs on youtube.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Great stuff Zoltan....love this and the ambience of the recording is very cool

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jarle

This is an incredible powerful performance from a Norwegian singer and songwriter. She was 19 when this was recorded. I recommend to watch the entire concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh0SWTVwXxw
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away