Producer(s)   Russ Titelman
Eric Clapton singles chronology
"Wonderful Tonight (live)"
(1991)   "Tears in Heaven"
(1992)   "It's Probably Me"
(1992)

Music video
"Tears in Heaven" on YouTube
"Tears in Heaven" is a song by English guitarist, singer, and songwriter Eric Clapton and Will Jennings, written about the death of Clapton's four-year-old son, Conor. It appeared on the 1991 Rush film soundtrack. In January 1992, Clapton performed the song in front of an audience at Bray Studios, Berkshire, England for MTV Unplugged, with the recording appearing on his Unplugged album.

The song was Clapton's best-selling single in the United States and reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100. In the United Kingdom, where Clapton is from, it reached number five on the UK Singles Chart, and also charted in the top 10 in more than twenty nations around the world. It won three Grammy Awards for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, Song of the Year, and Record of the Year. In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked "Tears in Heaven" 362nd on its list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Geir

Oh my. What a beautiful rendition.

Guitar work is impeccable and the voice has a nice fragility that makes this truly wonderful

Listening to headphones it's a bit annoying with the extreme panning, but then again I am a Panhole
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

I like extreme panning but I dont notice it listening on my ref monitors... maybe headphones like Geir says...

great tune and you have done a wonderful cover of this... way to go

I think this sounds a bit like Maca singing this.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

WOW what a great cover of this gorgeous song. I love the tone of your voice and the guitar work is excellent. Throughly enjoyed listening to this, the sparse arrangement sounds great here. Wonderful performance.

Mike_S

I agree with everyone. Lovely rendition of a classic song.

I remember when this very sad incident happened, I remember reading about it in the newspaper all those years ago. But lovely job so well done. And a good choice for your voice.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

TPB

On my acoustic ride with you I dont know how he ever sang this song without losing it great cover brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

the physics teacher