Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

This demo by Alex Chilton from 1977 has been running through my head ever since I first heard it over the weekend. Sadly, it never got an official release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTjJg-GAEE
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: cuthbert on May 30, 2023, 08:18:08 PMThis demo by Alex Chilton from 1977 has been running through my head ever since I first heard it over the weekend. Sadly, it never got an official release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTjJg-GAEE
wow! Never heard this before.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

I've really been digging into Americana and alt.country pretty hard this year. Lots of new (to me) artists to listen to.

I think Bella White is probably my favorite. Just her voice and the (mostly) sparse arrangements that bring it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YrNen3TqE4
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Bluesberry

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on June 02, 2023, 05:24:32 AMI've really been digging into Americana and alt.country pretty hard this year. Lots of new (to me) artists to listen to.

I think Bella White is probably my favorite. Just her voice and the (mostly) sparse arrangements that bring it out:

That's fantastic....I love stuff like this.......have you heard the latest album from Wilco.....Cruel Country......fantastic album.........one of the old dogs of the Alt.country scene is still putting out relevant, honest and beautiful music this late in their career is a real testament...and Jeff Tweedy's songwriting has never been stronger....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 02, 2023, 11:39:36 AMhave you heard the latest album from Wilco.....Cruel Country......fantastic album.........one of the old dogs of the Alt.country scene is still putting out relevant, honest and beautiful music this late in their career is a real testament...

I have not. I liked early Wilco quite a bit but they sort of lost me for a while. Not that I didn't like them, necessarily. I'll be sure to check it out.

I am also looking forward to the new Son Volt tribute to Doug Sahm. I loved the Bottle Rockets album/tribute and John Horton (the current guitarist for Son Volt and previously with Bottle Rockets) says there is only one song that made it onto both albums. That's pretty cool. Kind of a Vol II of alt.country tributes to Doug Sahm who is criminally overlooked in my opinion.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

thetworegs

Wilco are playing in Manchester in September I might take the misses for a date

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Quote from: thetworegs on June 06, 2023, 08:53:11 AMWilco are playing in Manchester in September I might take the misses for a date
That would be a great show for sure..........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 06, 2023, 08:55:57 AM
Quote from: thetworegs on June 06, 2023, 08:53:11 AMWilco are playing in Manchester in September I might take the misses for a date
That would be a great show for sure..........

Speaking of Wilko, this song just shuffled through my "unplayed songs" playlist, so my first time hearing it. I didn't know who it was before I looked at my screen.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac