If You Could Read My Mind (Gordon Lightfoot)

Started by Zoltan, March 24, 2023, 02:56:51 PM

Zoltan

If You Could Read My Mind (Gordon Lightfoot)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As some of you know Canada is known for two hair metal bands: April Wine and Gordon Lightfoot.

This is a quick test with Neural Amp Modeler (which is free btw!) and a new 200 usd guitar that's mostly pink (which the reason i bought it).

A total rush job. I could even say a bum job :D

I hope you have a great friday everyone!

That Pink Guitar.jpg
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

One of my favorite Lightfoot tunes and you killed it! (In a good way though ;) )
Works great with the 80s vibe!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

oh this is so bad it's good!  naughty boy!  I know people who would throw a flag of penalty on this one... but I love it!  I do love some Canada rock, and both of the ones you mentioned.  I saw April Wine and they rocked, three guitar players!

I like the sounds here.  It melds techno into hard rock into folk rock...cool!
thinkin out of the box...

when you get time post a photo of that pink guitar!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Happy to say I really like this track. Is there a cheese factor to it? Dunno, but I generally love cheesy songs anyhow so this is a cracker for me. Loved the guitar sounds. Your understated cool vocal works very well here. Yeah, this rocks!  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Frank53

What a great take on a classic. The songs lends itself to this treatment very well.
Yes, an 80's vibe, indeed. Nice guitars and synth.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Greeny

I could never have imagined this working in this style, but it does! Love the 80's synths especially, and the guitars sound great. The vocal is incredibly faithful to the original though - and superb. Brilliant.

Blooby

The production is so bloody good. The cannon drums, the guitar, the synth tone. I thought you might conclude it with the gentle acoustic ending like the original.

Great post.

Blooby

StephenM

Love the pink guitar!  Playing this again, for my son... and then to the orig...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A great re-imagining of this classic Gordon Lightfoot song! Who knew this would sound so good in the 80's metal hair band style but it does!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chrisnickey64

ha ! great new wave cover ....sounds like it couldve been a huge MTV hit 35 years ago
recorder
Korg D1600mkII
www.goodtimeshow.com