New Horizon - Mike_S and Kenny Mac Colab

Started by Mike_S, December 22, 2022, 03:52:12 PM

Mike_S

New Horizon
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one has a bit of a story behind it. So I had this tune I was pretty happy with but it was something that I thought would suit Kenny Mac more than me so I contacted him and he came up with a belter of a vocal and lyric and some scorching lead too. Kenny had a few technical issues and computer crashes and ended up having to record his parts twice. Kenny I take my hat off... you did a wonderful job... superb

Mike

Something strange
Something new
Something changing
For me and you

There's a new horizon
Pulling into view
Are we for ever
Or are we both fools

There's a few surprises
And it feels so new
Are we here forever
Or are we both fools

Are those signs
That we both feel
False and just a dream
Or are they real?

We can't go back
This door won't close
Feelings run away
Out of controlle .
Burning through our hearts
Burning through our souls

There's a new horizon
Pulling into view
Are we here for ever

recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

loving this one men!  That SY-1 is really sounding great with you behind it Mike... a real wizard pulling on the strings of that guitar... as much as I have really enjoyed your guitar playing and arrangements this adds another great element.
KenMc is in fine form here again... and as great as are the vocals so is the lead...funny it almost sounds like a horn a touch here in my headphones...
way cool... it's a stunner.... like a ray gun

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

It's like The Fixx and David Bowie had a baby (perhaps with a sperm donation from The Edge). I just love the textures here, and the vocal has so many subtleties in the phrasing. Super impressive.

Blooby

👾

Farrell Jackson

A great collab. Mike and Kenny. I hear a lot of influences in this song but in the end it's all Mike and Kenny doing what they love. Great guitars and vocals...a very catchy song, I dig it!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

I concur. This is a good collab. I'm especially digging those leads. That is a good backer to play and sing to and the melody, lyric and guitars all work great.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Trist

Nice work guys good style and i like that guitar solo to end  which sounds great in the mix with the tone and energy

Bluesberry

Superb in every ways...digging it immensely immediately internally .....that's a guitar solo

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

godinqc

Really nice works guys .. great collab .. great melody , vocals and guitars
Well done ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Really nice groove here and the guitars on left sounds so dynamic and ethereal! Well written and performed, gents!

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ron D Bowes

Yes, the Bowie vibe is strong in this one. Very cool job here guys. Top production.