What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Blooby

Son of Stephen Stills. This goes back about a decade. Such a marvelous song. The part where it opens up and gets floaty around 2:35 is some of my favorite music ever recorded.

Farrell Jackson

Yes, that was cool. I didn't know Stephen stills had a son. The floaty section you referenced is very CS&N sounding, which is great to my ears! We need more of this style of music. Thanks for posting it up, Blooby.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on August 18, 2022, 09:33:21 AMYes, that was cool. I didn't know Stephen stills had a son. The floaty section you referenced is very CS&N sounding, which is great to my ears! We need more of this style of music. Thanks for posting it up, Blooby.

I can't find a reference to it online at the moment, but I think two-thirds of CSN guested on the tune. It certainly sounds like it.

chapperz66

Quote from: Blooby on August 18, 2022, 10:13:05 AM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on August 18, 2022, 09:33:21 AMYes, that was cool. I didn't know Stephen stills had a son. The floaty section you referenced is very CS&N sounding, which is great to my ears! We need more of this style of music. Thanks for posting it up, Blooby.

I can't find a reference to it online at the moment, but I think two-thirds of CSN guested on the tune. It certainly sounds like it.

Very fine stuff.

Mike_S

Quote from: Blooby on August 18, 2022, 08:43:13 AMSon of Stephen Stills. This goes back about a decade. Such a marvelous song. The part where it opens up and gets floaty around 2:35 is some of my favorite music ever recorded.

That was indeed very cool. Didn't know he had a son who did music either. Lovely blend of styles with just enough "rock" for me. Excellent.

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Scottish singer songwriter Kathryn Joseph is blowing my socks off right now, not for everyone but i think she is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggX8k9S8dh0
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on August 29, 2022, 11:12:07 AMScottish singer songwriter Kathryn Joseph is blowing my socks off right now, not for everyone but i think she is awesome.

A cross between Joni Mitchell and Macy Gray.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mach

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

She is ridiculous. Thanks for those videos. I think I recall first hearing about her when she guested on a Vai release. Crazy good.

Blooby

StephenM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZcfFbhJYcI

this is one of my son's teachers in High School... sounds pretty darn good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner