"Knocking on the Wrong Door" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, April 01, 2022, 02:15:09 PM

Blooby

Knocking at the Wrong Door (192) - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I needed a diversion from preparing for an errant gig (tomorrow will be a long day) so I put some bass on this unfinished tune and did a quick mix. Strong performance from John. Kudos for the harmonies. Cool beans.

As far as pysch-fest, I believe the disco parts negate the tamboura and backwards solo.

Peace.

Blooby

StephenM

reminds hints of 7 bridges road.... pretty cool there...
otherwise great sabbath like fuzz guitar that is quite stellar... that is always cool in my book...
interesting drum sounds too... quite a stellar lead as well...and then into a bloody hell like scuzz rhythm...wow

hope you wake up the dead heads at your gig! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

This is a really strong track. Phenomenal vocals (those harmonies are very 60s SF psych) and real killer guitar, with well-rung sustained notes. Bass is propelling it along, and the drums are pretty killer as well.

Well done, gentlemen!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Really great song, it has sounds from various eras in it. Love the vocals, it does has that psychedelic vibe. Great guitars and drums.
Darren G / The Devils Toupee.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

Groovy good times! Some psychedelics, mean guitar sounds, leather codpieces and empowered vocals. These are the things this song is made of!

Great stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hook

Totally off the rails cool my brother's. That vocal is on fucking fire, love those harmonies and that solo is excellent.drums sound really good too.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: Blooby on April 01, 2022, 02:15:09 PMI needed a diversion from preparing for an errant gig (tomorrow will be a long day) so I put some bass on this unfinished tune and did a quick mix. Strong performance from John. Kudos for the harmonies. Cool beans.

As far as pysch-fest, I believe the disco parts negate the tamboura and backwards solo.

1:44 has an amusing guitar clam that I believe I must leave be.

Peace.

HI Bloody,
Cool beans.
Very good recording.
The drums can actually come up a tad on the mic.
Vocals are great and the guitar track is excellent.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Blooby

Nelson

Feels like Rock and Roll to me Blooby.
The vocal are stellar, at some points reminding me of Morrison and those harmonies reminding me of Queen.
Love the energy through out
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

WarpCanada

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

kenny mac

Wow this is a rocker,and those harmonies are superb.
Lurkers vocals on this are excellent.
I like the abrupt stop for the harmonies and the way that echoed lead guitar creeps in.
A brilliant collab guys.
Beyond cool.