"Damn Beatitude" original by Ted

Started by Ted, March 29, 2013, 09:41:52 PM

henwrench

Great song, sounds superb and that guitar is simply wonderful! Good to hear you again, Ted!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Thanks, Bruno, Bluesberry & Henwrench.

There's a measure in the bass part (at the transition from the verse to the chorus, and again in the  middle of the chorus) that I like to think of as my "Henwrench moment." I'm really pleased with it, but it doesn't sound like it's from my normal bag of bass tricks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Masterbump.

Thinking about doing a ukulele an acoustic bass version of this.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Groundy

Nice one Ted, Missed this one originally......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ted

Quote from: Ted on April 24, 2016, 12:25:44 PMThinking about doing a ukulele an acoustic bass version of this.

I've been thinking about this song lately because someone referenced in this song died recently: The "father," "dad," and the "outsider" on the "bloody sailboat."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

I came looking for a different song I heard on my playlist (which I have not found btw)..

but I was intrigued by the title... and the tune is awesome... but I would not have guessed what it is about from this title.

that little wah right out the gate defies the rest of the music... the sinister keys provide a wonderful underpinning.

the vocals are king for sure... really great... I love the vibrato... not many can get that much vibrato... the only dude I know that can do that is the lead singer from The Tragically Hip (Rip Gord).

the lyrics are awesome... really a great story Ted... come to think of it now listening a few times this does have a detective or spy kind of feel to the music...

well worth a few listens and adding to my playlist...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

This sounds really good .. the vocals are great, all instruments sounds good , excellent lyrics .. really liked the guitar work, specially the wah .. also excellent lyrics .
Excellent ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ron D Bowes

I enjoyed this. Cool track. Like the vocal harmonies. The bass is super and the wah is great. The mix is just fine.

Ted

Thanks for the bumps!

Quote from: StephenM on May 03, 2024, 07:04:11 AMbut I would not have guessed what it is about from this title.

I hope it doesn't take any mystery from the song to explain that this song is about my stepson from my first marriage, who was inspired to run away from home after reading Jack Kerouac. So "beatitude"comes how the Beats (a.k.a. beatniks) interpreted that word. Kerouac described living the Beatitudes as living "in a state of joy."

That event put a lot of stress on my first marriage, which was already in trouble.

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on May 05, 2024, 05:16:04 AMLike the vocal harmonies.

Those came from the DigiTech Vocalist Live 2. A piece of gear I wish were here with me in Madagascar, not in storage in Arizona. At the very least, it would be a great addition to our home karaoke setup. (Malagasy people love karaoke.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.