The Exploding Mushroom King

Started by StephenM, May 14, 2023, 06:11:56 PM

StephenM

The Exploding Mushroom King (May 16)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Got an idea from some guitar and drum exercises... will write more later...

This is likely satire.  It seems like an attempt to understand a world that is largely not understandeable.  Trying to make sense of the mess while relating it to items of interest in nature. 

Once again, drums covered in towels.  I used the HB PRS copy on single coil using the Zoom R24 for guitar and bass effects.  I will likely remix this as I did this entire song from start to finish in an hour or so... has a live energy to it and actually sort of seems like a double bass drum, which it is not... it is my hard kick leg practice teamed with using the floor toms along with that....

I dig the vocals though.... lol... I think the fact that Kenneth did a follow on Mushroom 3 song it kind of made me go...."why not."  Let's keep this mushroom thing going... as Zoltan said.... the year of the mushrooms....lol... and mushroom men.

these days all the mixing and mastering for me is about learning how to eq and compress... it is indeed an experiment... experiments... toying with, trying this to see what if... and burning every bridge I cross so if I mess it up I get to start over.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Trist

psychedelic stuff makes you want to grab some magic mushrooms and take of on a trip somewhere in the .

i like your mix on this i think it works really well, i like that ending too with the drums and rhythm

TPB

Magic shroons and the music to go with it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

There's something very addictive about some of your songs that forces me to listen on repeat before I can even think of something to say. Like you said, it's hard to understand what's going on in the world these days and the song conveys that feeling. Great listen !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

Damn.. You're untamed! This is glorious.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love the experimentation with the drums, another great song Stephen. That heavy rhythm guitar sounds great , it's got a cool beat and your lyrics and those high notes are fab as always.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

First thing I thought of was Frank Zappa, you have a lot in common with his "I don't adhere to any rules" approach. But next thing that springs to mind is that brilliant relentless riffing, That reminds me of early Scorpions. This is way cool. I am done with mushrooms though... except in song that is :)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pipes

My My Mycelium..

Gotta admire those persistent spores....

Here there and everywhere and very appreciated..

Sporesome
Nick

godinqc

Yes very psychedelic vibe to it.. I was also thinking Frank Zappa ..
Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800