Main Menu

Recent posts

Gear Lust / Re: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Last post by SE - Today at 03:19:38 PM
Had a few of these,112j, apx 600 acoustic and a 311h.
At present got the apx and 311h just great guitar's. Well made, if I had to compare between harley benton and yamaha, it yamaha every day  of the  week!
Gear Lust / Re: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Last post by AndyR - Today at 12:54:48 PM
I set one up for a nephew a few years ago. I was stunned at how good it was for the price point.

Nice catch!  :)
Gear Lust / Re: Tonex one
Last post by AndyR - Today at 12:50:30 PM
Quote from: Zoltan on Today at 03:39:33 AMI wasn't going to bump this up, but Ted did it for me so here goes...

For those reading this. The world is your oyster. There's so many options. To anyone (except AndyR) reading this. The Line6 Pod Express might be a better option. At least it's a valid option. Lots of bang for the buck.

;D I've got the original Line6 POD ;D

I got it out when I got the UA Ox Stomp.
Have I recounted that here?

It sounds pretty good with more modern speaker emulation.

But it's back in its box now.

I came online to see whether you'd posted about the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier X yet? ;D

I was rehearsing via Far Play earlier using the UA Lion and UA Woodrow - getting fabulous sounds out of them now. Very responsive to guitar controls and a clean boost pedal. I'm using their speaker emulations, they go into the Ox with it's DI options engaged (no speakers) so that I can use it's Delay/Chorus and Reverb.
DAW & Music Software / Neural DSP sale for a couple m...
Last post by godinqc - Today at 09:24:29 AM
If anyone is interested , Neural DSP have a 50% off sale on plugins for the next 2 days..
They have great guitar plugins. The Petrucci one sounds really good ..but I find them a bit heavy on computer resources..
Gear Lust / Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Last post by godinqc - Today at 09:17:37 AM
I recently went to my local guitar shop to look at a Fender players Flame Top but saw this used Yamaha Pacifica for 125$ .. I tried it out and it played really good, for that price I had to purchase it ..
I'm quite impressed with this guitar, it plays really well and sound and looks good too..

Here's a pic , this should satisfy my GAS for a while  ;D

IMG_9420.JPEG
Original Songs / Re: Yamaha Jam
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:14:45 AM
I've seen a lot of inexpensive Yamaha Pacificas and thought about picking one up many times but never have. My son in-law has one and it plays, feels, and sounds like an quality instrument. Yours sounds excellent but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with your guitar skills. That's a great price you got it for!
Original Songs / Re: White Girl In White
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:09:27 AM
You did it again Ray! I don't how you keep coming up with these great songs but you do. The guitar work, lyrics and vocals are all excellent!
Original Songs / Re: Fading Away
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:07:22 AM
An excellent mood here. Your guitar playing and tone are pro all the way Kenny! I also hear a bit of Mark Knopfler's style. Nicely done.
Original Songs / Re: Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 06:52:45 AM
You are doing some cool guitar leads in the solo breaks, Ron...I like the sound when you are matching the lead riffs with your voices. Excellent song! If it wasn't for bad luck.........
Original Songs / Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by Ron D Bowes - Today at 05:22:05 AM
This is one of the tracks that came from jamming around on the guitar. Wasn't convinced it would make a song, but I recorded the rhythm guitar anyway. Once I sat down to come up with some lyrics, it all seemed to fall into place.

"WHY DON'T IT RAIN ON YOU?"

It seems that whan I plan ahead
Lady luck won't help, she'd rather see me dead
I know that you don't give a damn
You'd like to kick me every moment that you can

Why does it always rain
When I'm feeling blue?
Why does it always rain on me?
Why don't it rain on you?

No matter when or how I try
Every chance I get, it seems to wave goodbye
And you could lend a helping hand