Started by dasilvasings, August 15, 2013, 11:26:20 AM

dasilvasings

MOPUS_36_Head On
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

As suggested by Cuthbert,

I used to play this song with a bunch of friends. More the Pixies version than J&MC, but at the time, I was just playing the bass. When I realized I had to sing the song for this fest, I felt I couldn't put the energy the song requires. Hence, dasilvasings did what he does best - I cheated!

I changed the song to minor.
While noodling with the mBR's rhythms I found an interesting one in the end "Others1" - yes, I got rid of the BR80 and got myself a new-old silver box  :) :) :)
I started the song with voice and ukulele. Then I added the bass. Then I added a Rajão, which is a cousin of the ukulele with 5 steel strings. Actually I removed 1 of the strings and tuned it as the ukulele, but with the steel strings.
Finally exported everything to the computer. I was adding effects to the tracks with Energy XT, when I found an effect called auto-filter. I added it to the Rajão, and immediately decided to keep it. It got weird and almost synthie, so I decided to add more weirdness in the form of a ping pong delay (subtle) for the Rajão and the ukulele.

This ended up being a big of a twist when compared with the original, but the song is there!

So.... nevermind the bollocks, here's dasilvasings

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Fabulous!! Outstanding suggestion and version DSS! Nice performing and "others1" is perfect rhythm pattern for this. Love it!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

Lol!

I was noodling with the uke, and when I finally starting with the minor chords, I did thought of you! Your jazzy punk versions somehow are now part of my subconscious!  :D

Very Richard Cheese!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Very inventive changes DSS - I love it! Amazing how well this works in a minor key. Got a tropicalia feel to it overall (makes me want to have a mojito in hand), and that auto-filter is wild!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

i love both the jatmc and pixies versions of this somg. but i think this might just be my new favourite version,it's like a whole new song. monto bueno by ra way ma man.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

This is really cool. I'm not familiar with the original, but this was really interesting.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Oh yeah, this is cool !!

Don't know the original either, but nevermind ... this is dasilvasings fabulousness !

Love the affect you used on the Rajão. Really cool !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SwanSong

Really nice and trancful. keeps u listening from start
to end. well executed nice vox...wish u the best NEIL