Recent posts

Original Songs / Two Chord Blues (Hilary)
Last post by Hilary - Today at 05:17:59 AM
Hi everyone - I'm still listening pretty much every day but not really writing songs atm - although writing poetry and painting.

This is a little bit of nonsense just to let you know I'm still here!

The Two Chord Blues

Finally a Fest I can participate in
A chord song is what I've been waiting for

The two chord blues
oh you know it

I've got the two chord blues
Original Songs / Re: You're Oblivious by Oldrot...
Last post by Oldrottenhead - Today at 04:21:15 AM
reprogramed drums and slightly tweaked the overall mix, new file posted.
Cover Songs / Why can't we live together?
Last post by Pipes - Today at 04:08:13 AM
Based around Sade's version with my own Quirky twist
Original by Timmy Thomas

Original Songs / Re: "Damn Beatitude" original ...
Last post by Ted - Today at 03:00:52 AM
Thanks for the bumps!

Quote from: StephenM on May 03, 2024, 07:04:11 AMbut I would not have guessed what it is about from this title.

I hope it doesn't take any mystery from the song to explain that this song is about my stepson from my first marriage, who was inspired to run away from home after reading Jack Kerouac. So "beatitude"comes how the Beats (a.k.a. beatniks) interpreted that word. Kerouac described living the Beatitudes as living "in a state of joy."

That event put a lot of stress on my first marriage, which was already in trouble.

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on Yesterday at 05:16:04 AMLike the vocal harmonies.

Those came from the DigiTech Vocalist Live 2. A piece of gear I wish were here with me in Madagascar, not in storage in Arizona. At the very least, it would be a great addition to our home karaoke setup. (Malagasy people love karaoke.)
Original Songs / Re: Leap Of Faith by BerryPatc...
Last post by Ted - Today at 02:22:57 AM
I really love the sweet vocal performance on this. It comes through as very earnest.

Excellent songwriting. I've learned to pay attention to the bass on your songs, and it's wonderful and understated. (Bass should aways be understated except when it shouldn't be.)

I say this as a fan, BerryPatch: The whole song is understated to a fault. It reminds me of many of Todd Rundgren's underachievements – skillfully written and played, and expertly produced, but lacking the certain spark of genius; the surprises that you know Todd is capable of. Although I'm being a little critical, I'm comparing you to Todd Fucking Rundgren! This is the same feedback I've given to one of my closest songwriter friends whose playing and songwriting skill I admire deeply (except with him the comparison is to James Taylor, not Todd Rundgren).

At your age you should be playing with fire – in every song. Get some matches!
Original Songs / Re: Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by Johnbee - Yesterday at 06:32:18 PM
Ron, for some reason every time I listen to one of your tunes I think of Stevie Ray Vaughn?

You're the SRV of the Songcrafters forum.  That's a good thing.  ;)

:) John B
Original Songs / Re: Yamaha Jam
Last post by Johnbee - Yesterday at 06:26:38 PM
Great tone.  What kind of gear are you running it through?  Hard or software?

Original Songs / Re: White Girl In White
Last post by Johnbee - Yesterday at 06:21:29 PM
Sounds like the young man had cold feet and needed to get some confidence at the bar.  Interesting story song.  Great guitar work.

Original Songs / Re: Yamaha Jam
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Yesterday at 07:14:45 AM
I've seen a lot of inexpensive Yamaha Pacificas and thought about picking one up many times but never have. My son in-law has one and it plays, feels, and sounds like an quality instrument. Yours sounds excellent but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with your guitar skills. That's a great price you got it for!
Original Songs / Re: White Girl In White
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Yesterday at 07:09:27 AM
You did it again Ray! I don't how you keep coming up with these great songs but you do. The guitar work, lyrics and vocals are all excellent!