Recent posts

Cover Songs / Re: SAMBA PA TI
Last post by Jean Pierre - Today at 11:28:35 AM
Hello Blooby

here is a more complete version

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=23396.msg286164#msg286164

inspired by a live version on YT of Santana with a musical quote at the end, some of our own that I knew but couldn't remember where I'd heard it and...Alfstone, a reference in jazz and Brazilian music, told me it was taken from Brazil by Antonio Carlos Jobim

:)
Cover Songs / Re: SPECTRAL MORNING cover St...
Last post by Jean Pierre - Today at 11:06:02 AM
thank you all for your replies

Ray, yes I've tried adjusting the size of the buffer but even with an opiomun setting it spits and cuts the sound...it's true that I've used a lot of wave plug ins on all the instruments even the mido ones because with Reaper I transform midi files into wav files which then allows me to use the plug ins usually used for audio tracks...

I also have 8 GB of Ram, I'm going to see if it's possible to increase it on my computer (which unfortunately is a PC and everyone says that Macs are much more reliable, especially when used for music).

It's also true that recently I've been using Ozone 11 for mastering which, thanks to the I A, automatically manages all the optimisation parameters of a master and when you don't really have the skills it's very practical but on the other hand it consumes a lot of CPU.

Thanks to Blooby for this video on YT about Teve Hackett that I'm going to watch. 

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Original Songs / All Just To Spite Them - a Pip...
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 10:36:52 AM
So this was conceived as the follow up to the huge success of Fist Pump in the EDM clubs around the world.

I think Ted hit the nail on the head when he suggested that maybe prog is closer to our natural genre than EDM - but that doesn't stop us going for it anyway.  I actually did some research before starting this one - that's an hour of my life that I will never get back!  I can't recall how much French horn, bassoon or cor anglais most producers use.  Maybe they will after the huge success that this will achieve.  Remember where you heard it first.

All Just To Spite Them

It's all just ( there to spite them )

It's just there to spite them ( na na na,nah nah )
It's just there to spite them ( na na na nah nah )

Let me Introduce you to - how to spite them..

I need some more
It's never enough
It's makes me tougher
and it's all just to spite them

( I need some more, gonna get some more
 gonna stock up my store, ad in Finite um
It's never enough, need more stuff
It makes me tough, all just to spite 'em )

..all just to spite them - spite them

I ain't no Humpty Dumpty!
I ain't heading for a fall!
I ain't dull and frumpy!
..but I need horse and kings - to bring me things
horses and kings to bring me things!

..just get it over here, bring me bring me
( on the double)
..just get it over here!, bring me, bring me, bring me..

ooooohh!!!

I ain't heading for no fall, but I need horses and kings to bring me things.

Soundcloud wav link:     

https://soundcloud.com/paul-chapman-24/all-just-to-spite-them?si=0fd1bc9ee1ca493da658a63acd6ac697&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Original Songs / "Neverending Show" w/Lurker
Last post by Blooby - Today at 09:07:16 AM

We finally got around to finishing this a week or two ago. Late shift today so had a moment to attempt an initial mix. Short and not so sweet. Now that I think of it, he just had me remix "Insomniac." I believe this to be a cry for help.

Bourbon, John... More bourbon.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: More Lies
Last post by Blooby - Today at 09:04:16 AM

Your posts are like a warm blanket in a chilly day. Your voice and patented jangle is beautifully calming even when the lyrics are not.

Blooby
Original Songs / Re: Provisional Press
Last post by Blooby - Today at 08:58:01 AM

Trippy. Very cool and complimentary patches. Loves the movement of the chords.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Hair of the dog.
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:29:51 AM
Well I say you did shift the air in the room with this cool rocker! Excellent rock vocals and the lead solo was smokin' hot!
Original Songs / Re: Still In Love
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:03:03 AM

Felt compelled to come back for more listens. Forget what I said about a country slant. This tune should be as it is.

Loved this post.

Blooby

Cover Songs / Re: Revelation Song (Cover by ...
Last post by Blooby - Today at 06:59:26 AM

I try to scan the "On This Day" jukebox so the older Songcrafter posts don't get too covered with too much digital dust, and this popped on. I am gobsmacked over the vocals on this. "Jealous" falls way short as an adjective.

Sorry I missed it the first time.

Blooby

Cover Songs / Re: SAMBA PA TI
Last post by Blooby - Today at 06:56:34 AM

Missed this the first time around. I listened to those early Santana albums so many times, this was a joy. Mine cut off as well.

Blooby