Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by Blooby - Today at 08:04:36 AM
Quote from: Johnbee on May 08, 2024, 06:46:09 PMThanks to all who listened and commented.  I really love when people comment. :-*

As to your question, Blooby-In one of his videos Joe recommended using delay instead of reverb and he suggested a particular setting.  He was right.  Reverb can actually muddy up a vocal. Using slight and subtle delay produces a much more pleasing vocal sound, at least to my ears.  Another tip I tried (not necessarily from Joe but from various tips over the years) is backing off from the mic.  I used to close in about 3 inches.  Now I've backed off to 5 or 6 and I started monitoring using the can on just the left ear, keeping the right ear off.  The pros do it that way and it produces a better result when you can hear your voice acoustically in one ear while electronically in the other.  I don't know why I never tried this before.  As I said, I've known for years that this is how the pros do this.  Now I know why.

:) John B

Thank you for the response. I have stumbled on the first few tips through the years, but as for the last, I will pass that along to John. It's nice to keep learning.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Things They Could Not Chan...
Last post by Blooby - Today at 08:00:29 AM

Powerful tune. Impeccably put together as per your usual. I don't think of melancholy when I think of your voice, but I find your voice especially perfect for this tune.

Tasty solo, perfect for the song.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Sacrifice
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:54:12 AM

I liked the line "There's no hooks in the river." I feel like I can shoehorn that into at least three conversations a day.

Cool post. Especially loved the bass.

Blooby

Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:51:13 AM
Quote from: alfstone on May 10, 2024, 05:52:11 AMMyself some guitar, made the rest with BIAB.

Was the piano solo from BIAB? If so, I didn't know they had stuff like that. Really cool post, and James, your vocals were perfect for this.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Never Stop Loving You
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:44:00 AM

I think it is a difficult thing to write a love song that doesn't sound forced or trite, and you completely avoided those pitfalls here. Super enjoyable listen.

Blooby
Original Songs / Re: Act Like a Maniac
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:37:59 AM

It actually sounds like you had a blast doing this. I love me some meat and potato rock. This is what we need on the airwaves...music from the gut and heart. Cool ending.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: What's Wrong With You?
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:34:40 AM

I don't know if I would've thought of it, but Karl and Berry hit the nail on the head with the bastard child of Lydon and Verlaine while still retaining a quirky uniqueness. Has a hypnotic quality as well, even that 8th note solo (especially love the end of it where it hangs). Good choice on the backwards echo toward the end.

Super immersive. Loved it.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Brothers & Suns
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:30:17 AM

I get the Bowie vibe as well. I'm surprised how tight that low bass sounds as I would think it would be flopping all over the place at C#.

Amazing vocal control. Jealous. Love that climb between the vocal sections (chorused bass?). Adds quite a bit to the tune.

Blooby
Original Songs / Re: Hamster Wheel
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:26:08 AM

I really appreciate when I click on one of your posts, I'm not quite sure what I'll get besides quality.

Laying the guitar for this sounded like fun. Very cool post despite the rather dark subject matter.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Spare Change (loose and lo...
Last post by Blooby - Today at 07:20:18 AM

I enjoyed this, especially the wild abandon of that 70's era bass. I miss the days of jamming in rock music.

Makes me miss those live in the living room jams we used to do and post, but not enough to go to prison for inevitably assaulting at least one of them.

Blooby