Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: My new album, 'Beneath A C...
Last post by SteveB - Today at 04:34:32 AM
Sitting with a coffee and listening to more superb musicianship and production in this 2nd tranche of tracks from your album. Given the innately sombre subject matter, I have to say I find the overall concept wonderfully uplifting and positive, with some lovely wistful turns-of-phrases in the lyrics, though I can imagine that the lyrics to 'Staring at the Clock must have been painfully wrought from yourself. From the full album I'd pick 'My Mother's Eyes' as the standout track, and if there were any justice the song would be being played on every Country/Rock radio station available. In conclusion, this is as fine a testament to filial love as I've heard anywhere, and you can be justly proud of what you've produced. I'm sure your Mother would be.  8)
Cover Songs / Re: MISTS OF TIME, cover John ...
Last post by Jean Pierre - Today at 01:40:26 AM
... it was pretty damn good all the same! Not the confinements, but the collaborations I was able to make with the guys from SC during those periods.

Thanks again to them

...and for those who haven't heard it, here's the playlist of collaborations

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgROyTlbO0hrlz6AqdY5ZAHAiUmBmKn68

...I'm continuing this series; although, let's hope, the confinements are over and I'm always at your disposal for additions of dobro or weissenborn or lap steel guitar.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by the physics teacher - Today at 12:50:27 AM
I did enjoy it, well done guys
Last post by Jean Pierre - Yesterday at 11:34:49 PM
...a bit of jazzy music is not so frequent on SC ...and it's good for the ears
very-s good backtrack by Alfredo and excellent interpretation by Oldrottenhead

I would have liked a guitar chorus at the end of the song ;)
General Discussion / A recent Pierre Bensusan show ...
Last post by Blooby - Yesterday at 06:57:39 PM

I first got hip to Pierre Bensusan when I researched a tune called "Bensusan" by Michael Hedges. My first album by him (Spices) was played many a late night and rainy afternoon.

I am extremely grateful to Songcrafters' own Jean Pierre for rekindling my appreciation for this artist (after probably a decade or more away), and I am pleased as punch to say I was able to attend his first Florida appearance last month. If you take the time, this show will put most of you in a wonderfully calm headspace. 

For Jean Pierre...

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Ms. Subtlety
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 05:55:17 PM
I missed this one when it was posted over 6 months ago. Lovely weaving melodies and those great chord changes to chords I probably never heard of. Nice bass lines too and the overall production/arrangement is first class.
Last post by Oldrottenhead - Yesterday at 05:21:22 PM
Cheers Alfredo took me a while to work it out. Shirley Bassey did A version
Gear Lust / Re: New Guitar - Taylor nylon
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Yesterday at 02:55:53 PM
I think there's a finger smudge on that black finish, lol! Black finishes are gorgeous but they do show all the smudges in the right light. I have a Black Takamine (steel string) and I'm constantly polishing it. That is a great looking Taylor (both of them) Paul. Does it have a flat fretboard? I look forward to hearing it in a song!
General Discussion / Re: Happy Birthday Ted
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Yesterday at 02:48:23 PM
Happy Birthday Ted. I hope you have a great day!
General Discussion / Re: Happy Birthday Ted
Last post by Blooby - Yesterday at 02:04:30 PM

Happiest of birthdays to you.

Bruce