Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 10:54:15 AM
Another uplifting rocker from the good 'ol Ron!

Why don't it rain on you? Why don't you get all the cold we're having here! Take that. Was also a band. Although i doubt Ron listened to them that much.

So what cooking? Lots of things. That trademark Ron voice. Banging drums. Jangling overdriven guitars. Spiky guitar leads. Coming from out of nowhere and hitting you in the face when you least expect. On a first listen the lyrics become part of the groove. It's such a toetapper that one needs to pause it and reach for thesaurus to get the lyrics in.

Some of the snare drum fills were a tad heavy handed and kinda lost the plot. The same could be said of the sampled (?) drum beats later on the song where it feels like it goes all wonky. Don't get me wrong it's still a good one, but there's something happening, or maybe the coffee i drank was harder than i thought?

Stranger things have happened. Up to season 2. The third one is coming this year. Hooray and hootenannies for you!

Original Songs / Re: Screwed - Jazzshed origina...
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 10:50:08 AM
Jack and Jill went up to a hill? That's such a lazy line that it becomes a classic!

Is there no limit to this mans talent? The Tom Waits fest turned out to Reggie fest yet ODH is putting out such a smoky song that it becomes a healt hazard for all of those who hear it.

That piano. That bassline. You were supposed to be an indie guy? Punk guy? This ain't punk. This is quality songwriting with strong performances to boot. With two chords? That's plain wrong. I'm sure i heard at least ten. None of which i'm familiar.

Thank you and good night!
Original Songs / Re: "Damn Beatitude" original ...
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 10:46:55 AM
I'm not saying the singer lisps or anything. It's just my funky hearing. Or the way i process the sounds. Now i heard another live song of yours with lyrics YOUR SALIVA!

Damn, it almost looks like there's a song trying to get out of me. I must hold back.
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 10:45:37 AM
Ted, you're such a funky dude!

This funks like a moose. Enjoyable and slightly angular whiteboy groove that's hard to resist. The lyrics are even more interesting. I listened to both the studio version and the live take. I heard fabulous things. In the live version i thought i saw a guy with a "American Dad" T-shirt, but turns out i read it wrong. Then when the backing vocals came in i heard "CANNIBAL TRIBE!" and i was OH YEAH! This is heavy. But i heard wrong. As it turns out i'm getting a lot of things wrong, but don't worry i did check the lyrics and they're great too! (even without my changes to them ;)).

It's all clear to me now. The reason why you're posting so few songs. You're waiting for the world to catch up! With such a back catalogue of goodies i'd do the same.

Nutrients don't play no more? Too many calories? :)

Last post by Ted - Today at 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: Blooby on Yesterday at 07:59:13 AMOoh, loved that ending.

When The Nutrients learned this song, Ron Whistle always wanted to end on a power chord. And I had to insist, NO! Just the open E string.

Live version here at 14:45: https://youtu.be/2zJGCo1eh0E?t=887
Cover Songs / Re: Honky Tonk Women
Last post by Ted - Today at 07:42:05 AM
Before hearing this, if someone had asked me to guess which Songcrafter totally claimed "Honky Tonk Women" as their own, I'm pretty sure I would have guessed Ron D Bowes. And I would have been right.
Original Songs / Re: And Breathe
Last post by Ted - Today at 07:28:08 AM
If Songcrafters ever does a Yacht Rock Fest, you will dominate!

Quote from: funkyaxe on April 20, 2024, 02:37:58 PMI threw a little guitar at it.

I'll say you did. The guitar is mixed a little low for my ears.

It's a very cool backer. I like how the delay on the keyboard ping-pongs left to right.
Original Songs / Re: Wake up while you can
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:11:40 AM
The organ sounds great. What are you using to get this fine sound? Your vocals and melody are pure gold. The bass has a cool thump that nails the bottom down with ease. The guitar riff keeps the song grounded in a good way. Great songwriting, recording and mix, Karl!
Original Songs / Re: Wake up while you can
Last post by hardlock - Today at 12:17:44 AM
A fine song all around! Dig how it's put together. Great listen. 8)
Original Songs / Re: Screwed - Jazzshed origina...
Last post by hardlock - Today at 12:12:10 AM
Fun ride! 8)