Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:46:09 PM
Thanks to all who listened and commented.  I really love when people comment. :-*

As to your question, Blooby-In one of his videos Joe recommended using delay instead of reverb and he suggested a particular setting.  He was right.  Reverb can actually muddy up a vocal. Using slight and subtle delay produces a much more pleasing vocal sound, at least to my ears.  Another tip I tried (not necessarily from Joe but from various tips over the years) is backing off from the mic.  I used to close in about 3 inches.  Now I've backed off to 5 or 6 and I started monitoring using the can on just the left ear, keeping the right ear off.  The pros do it that way and it produces a better result when you can hear your voice acoustically in one ear while electronically in the other.  I don't know why I never tried this before.  As I said, I've known for years that this is how the pros do this.  Now I know why.

:) John B
Original Songs / Re: Hideaway (Greco & Green)
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:37:23 PM
This is lovely. Loving the acoustic & vocal + harmonies.  And the lyrics are the perfect icing on the cake.

Original Songs / Re: Screwed - Jazzshed origina...
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:27:40 PM
Very resourceful use of 2 chords.  Imaginative use of the nursery rhymes.  Enjoyed this very much.

Original Songs / Re: "Azimuth Z"
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:23:21 PM
Everything sounds so nice and full.  Amazingly great mix.

Original Songs / Re: The Factory
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:19:10 PM
Factory work is not fun.  I spent most of my working life in various factories.  You caught the mindset pretty well in this tune both lyrically and musically.  Factory sounds do sound like a very loud rock band sometimes.

Original Songs / Re: Wake up while you can
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:13:12 PM
Very enjoyable listen.  Many interesting things going on in this tune.

Last post by ODH - Today at 03:31:39 PM
Really like that riff and a great vocal
Cover Songs / Re: Hurts So Good
Last post by Ray Brookes - Today at 02:49:09 PM
I remember playing this song in a rock band back in the '90's but it didn't sound this good! Great cover, Farrell and what a fantastic vocal performance. Those guitars sound so good and cool production.
Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by Ray Brookes - Today at 02:43:59 PM
Another cool rocker, Ron. The slow tempo works so well here and great harp sound. Another great no-nonsense rock track.
Last post by Ray Brookes - Today at 02:40:12 PM
Very nice song and well constructed. Great vocal and production/arranging.