Wind Beneath My Wings /// Music by Alex / Vox by Nelson

Started by Nelson, September 21, 2010, 12:13:03 PM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hey guys
My first cover.
I think I was beginning to go crazy...working on my own stuff, so a gracious artist took pity  on me and sent me some music to sing over.
I had nothing to do with the music or the lyrics... just download music and sing... I loved it.
No headaches... just sit in front of the mic for a few hours... I can do that.

;D You can hear my fear in the first line of the first verse... I think it's funny so I left it in. :D

Not as satisfying as completing one of my own songs but a lot less stressful. :)

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Kenneth

Nelson, almost missed this one, as it's in the forum it is.

Ok.... Let me say that this version walks,- no stomps,- all over Bette Midler's version, and chews , grinds, and eats it for breakfast!
Bette, if you're reading this... sorry, you're a wonderful person, I admire you and you sing like a bird, but sorry, Nelson just kicked your butt!!!!!  ;D

Seriously Nelson, with a voice like that, you could sing any song beautifully. Very nice work.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Nelson

;D ;D ;D :D :D
Ken
You are too kind and outrageously hilarious.
I'm still not completely sold on my voice, just yet.
But I thank you for the encouragement and the laugh.   :)

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Wiley

Nelson,  First I would like to say you took this song and made it your very own.  I never did like Better Middlers version!!   It was a guy who I first heard sing it Lee Greenwood!   And you sang this your way and I could hear the emotion in your voice!!  Maybe you didn't follow the melody note for note  and you know what?   You didn't have to!!  This was just great!!  You remind me of Lee  Greenwoods version!!
Great job!
PJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oeNK0We1UA

Nelson

PJ
As always, you are too kind. Lee has a great version of the song.
I always thought of mine as a funny attempt but over the holiday I played it for laughs to family, I hadn't heard it in months and the strangest thing happened. They loved it and I thought it was actually OK. It didn't make me cringe as it did when I first recorded it.  It sound like a descent live take on a great song. Not great but OK and that a huge step forward, in me trying to figure out and strengthen my vocals.
Thanks again PJ
PS. We need more vids of the camp fire sing alongs.
They are just too cool.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Wiley

You'll just have to come join us next summer and sing along at the campfire!!
PJ

Nelson

Thanks for the invite but I wouldn't want to scare the children. :D  :)
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bluesberry

I'm with Ken and PJ here, this is fantastic Nelson.  I don't think you hear the full effect of your voice, stunning is one word that comes to mind, absolutely stunning.  Your voice is perfect just as it is, its got a sort of drawl, lots of power, tons of soul, deep feeling, melodic as heck.  You knock me over with that instrument of yours, keep on singing.  Give us some more covers, they are a lot of fun to do.  I would listen to you do a cover of just about anything.  Great job.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Nelson

Thanks so much BB.
You know some time I feel good about my singing and some days, I'm like "what the hell are thinking".
That's the doubtful artist in us all I think.
Well, thanks for your always encouraging words.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Tony W

I feel like an ass for not commenting on this one over here. Your vocals are nothing short of amazing to my ears. I could literally sit and listen to you for hours on end. There's a quality to your voice that exudes honesty and passion. I hear a man who lets everyone hear his vulnerability as a person when you sing. You sing from a place that I can't touch.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR