'The Graves that I've Dug'

Started by Greeny, September 09, 2008, 07:17:26 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN - the graves that ive dug
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi Guys. This is one of my original compositions - 'The Graves that I've Dug'. It's pretty much finished as a 4-track, but the intro and verse have a bluegrass / neil young thing going on, and it would be interesting to see if there are any banjo / mandolin / bluegrass pluckers out there who want to add some extra flavour to it.

The intro and verse are quite restrained, but the bridge and chorus are a bit more beefy. There's probably scope for a bass on these parts too.

It's standard tuning with a capo at the first fret.

p.s. I really am a gravedigger's son, so this isn't some goth fantasy!!!

Greeny

the graves that i've dug aren't places of rest
they're just muddy holes full of self regret

and there 'aint no fun for a gravedigger's son
when the clowns and the undertakers come....

Greeny

.... or some folk / blues harmonica?

OldRottenHead?????!

Prive

Graves1
Time:
Volume:
Hi again!!! ok my harmonica playing isn't good still so i take my bass again and play it but it's not all, i add a little vocal with flanger at the chorus, i hope you like it.

Saludos!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Greeny

Thanks a million, Prive. I absolutely LOVE it!

It's on my site now at:

http://www.bandman.co.uk/TimGreen/

beleg

the_graves
Time:
Volume:
I played around with it last night adding a little bass and piano. Let me know what you think.

Prive,  I love the bass in your version (I am not really a bass player)  How did you get everything to sound so bright?

Greeny

Hey! Thanks Beleg - the piano is an interesting addition. And the first time I've had one on a song. I'd like to add piano to a few compositions, but it's hard getting a good recording quality.

Great work. Thanks!

beleg

If you have a song in mind, let me know. I would love to give another swing at a collaboration. 

Greeny

Quote from: beleg on September 15, 2008, 04:10:39 PMIf you have a song in mind, let me know. I would love to give another swing at a collaboration. 

It will be fun for me to switch out of guitar mode for once and think about songwriting with a specific piano part. Time for some experimentation....

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.