Started by Gu Djin, May 22, 2010, 01:31:05 PM

Gu Djin

Clubnight2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ComedyFest (banner image missing)

Many thanks Greeny.  

Maybe if I introduce you to one of my "fantasy bands/characters" You may change your mind.  With apology to all those with the sobriquet "Jim" - here introducing himself and his band of performers  at the equally fictional club - for your entertainment is "My Names Jim".

[wurdz]
Porkers Lament

Multiple brogues, in the mouths of the swine,
Send ripples of laughter, through voices in time.
Eerily singing, their unhearable song.
They remember their forefathers, baconly gone.

Politicians charade

Cracking poor jokes, with ordinary Folk,
With his white whispy beard and slight smell of goat.
Parcels of promise, forgeting to send.
To be happy reminding, all die in the end.

Grocers dilemma

A quandry of knowing, who to believe,
A chicken that's healthily organic, or free.
Or grown in a shed, and lives in a pen,
Never thinks of asking the cock, or the hen.

Legal aid

The man in the shop said, you must take a spade,
I wondered at that, all I want's legal aid,
So I opened the door, and entered the lift*
The ride was down, through all the bull ****

*A lift is an elavator, for those that don't know,
But this doesn't rhyme with the word I won't show.
[/wurdz]

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

i wanted to join that band but no jim's allowed lmao.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

You've actually been to "My Names Jim's" SC site"?  AND bothered to read the blurb!**?**!**?

For that, for you alone, we'll make an exception, if you don't mind playing the tambourine.

The last fellow we had couldn't take it anymore.  And he was a teetotaller.  And got grumpy 'cos we wouldn't let him sing.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

QuoteYou've actually been to "My Names Jim's" SC site"?  AND bothered to read the blurb!**?**!**?
i even left a comment regarding my disappointment at being called jim lmao.

i dont have a tambourine tho. but i do have a stylophone.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

Strange the new comment wasn't flagged, I had to go searching for it.

You didn't listen to any of the others did you? 

If you did you can go for a lie down now.  It'll all be better soon.

Oldrottenhead

it was a few days ago, i'm better now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

That's a relief! - I'd hate to think I was the cause of anything sinister happening to your creative caucusus.  (No I don't know what it means either, but I liked the sound of it)

Oldrottenhead

saying that all the lyrics i have written since are a tad sureal mmmmmmmmm. i am gonna keep all my empty brandy bottles and sneak a coffee bean or two from the wife's stash, by the end of the week i should have a few homemade maraccas.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

Rice in a jar makes a nice sushi sound.  Coffee beans make a rattle.  And my hound shakes his head when I'm recording, adding a nice jingly effect.  Who needs to pay for percussion.

Oldrottenhead

i need to buy some real rice ive been a lazy bugger buying the micowaveable bags of rice lately. when i get home i might nick some pasta shapes from the kids and try them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann