"Disco Fever" Needs vox, at least.

Started by Ted, April 21, 2010, 10:23:41 AM

Oldrottenhead

QuoteNot sure what the etiquette is with finished collabs - do they get added to the main boards?
post it on the original songs board would seem the obvious thing to do.

lovee your additions to this tim, reminds me of tim finn from split enz, neil finns big brother.

right wears ma dancing shoes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

Whoa! Quick call my Doctor, I've got Super Funky Disco Fever
Running all through my head....My feets a tapping, my heads
a boppin' and I can't stoppin'.....LOL
This is Piepod bound!
Congrats guys on a great collab!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

This sounds pretty cool, guys. It makes me want to try Indaba Music for a collaboration. I've had an account for months since you mentioned it last year, Ted, but never used it. How well does it work?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: launched on April 27, 2010, 10:22:15 AMThis sounds pretty cool, guys. It makes me want to try Indaba Music for a collaboration. I've had an account for months since you mentioned it last year, Ted, but never used it. How well does it work?

Launched:  The collaboration tools on Indaba are awesome. You need a pretty decent PC to use the Web-based DAW, but you don't have to use it.

The problem I've encountered with Indaba is that (unlike here) I haven't cracked the community.  There are so many users, and so many sessions, that I always feel lost. 

• I get invited to sessions where the session owner hasn't even put up one file to indicate what the song they have in mind might sound like.  (I've been invited to many Rap/HipHop sessions like that.) 
  • I start a session, and people accept my invitations, but they rarely follow through with their contributions.

I think the ideal would be to get a group of us Songcrafters to agree to use Indaba for some of our collaborations--take a slice of our community over there and take advantage of the tools.

Imagine a Jemima's Kite song on Indaba: Instead of bitching that Flash mixed the bass too low again, I could (with JK's permission) go into the DAW and do my own mix and crank up the bass to my liking.  Heck, I could even add an alternate mix with my own bass. (As though I could ever do better than Flash.)

We could still post the finished product here.

Doesn't that sound great, in theory?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

i joined indaba and found the very same problems as you ted, not really much interaction and no community spirit, and other than what you mentioned re the virtual daw, it never offered anything that i cant do here, so i never really got excited by it and didnt go very often. never got round to using the daw either.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

WoW this song is great ~ luv the energized bass playing Ted!!  And those vocals and lyrics are great Tim!!  Cool sounds by Funky Monkey too.....,.,.,.!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

Quote from: Ted on April 27, 2010, 10:46:56 AMI think the ideal would be to get a group of us Songcrafters to agree to use Indaba for some of our collaborations--take a slice of our community over there and take advantage of the tools...

...We could still post the finished product here.

Doesn't that sound great, in theory?

I like the idea. I agree that it doesn't have the light feel of a community, but Indaba would serve as a great file sharing tool, as well as being able to just plug in your track. I haven't really checked it out how a track can be uploaded instead of recorded, though.

I'll figure it out. Sick of swapping files around.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSick of swapping files around.
you love it. dont lie to yuer wee uncle jimmy
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 27, 2010, 04:56:58 PM
QuoteSick of swapping files around.
you love it. dont lie to yuer wee uncle jimmy

Yeah, I do!  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

OK, I did mess with Indaba. I don't think the mp3's are streamable from your profile, but the collab value is pretty good for small arrangements. Anything more than 10-15 tracks would get interesting I think.

But overall, pretty cool. If you want to crank out a dusty little collab with a few tracks , Indaba is a pretty good choice. I'm sure it will get better over time.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover