The next festival

Started by 64Guitars, January 19, 2010, 03:12:30 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 15, 2009, 10:19:25 AMMaybe sometime in the future we should have a comedy fest of funny/novelty songs and parodies. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 07, 2009, 09:51:46 AM
Quote from: henwrench on December 07, 2009, 03:05:06 AMI'm beginning to lose track of all these fantastic pirate tunes. How about it, 64? Do you wanna compile our own Rouges Gallery somewhere, put 'em all in one place/one player? Or do you wanna wait 'til we've got a few more?

Let's have a PirateFest in January. We're in the middle of YuleFest now and I don't want to take the focus away from that. When Christmas and New Years are behind us we can focus on PirateFest and I'll make a web page for it.

Quote from: cuthbert on January 19, 2010, 10:21:58 AMlet me know when the Bowiefest begins... ;)

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 19, 2010, 02:25:45 PMglen your vox on this is superb another one for the summer jukebox,
are you listening 64guitars can we have a summer jukebox festival thingy to take our minds of the cold

Everybody, put on your thinking caps and come up with some more suggestions for our next festival. Then I'll post a poll so we can all vote on what the next one will be.

To summarise the suggestions so far:

• ComedyFest
  • PirateFest
  • BowieFest
  • Summer in midwinter

That's a pretty good selection already. But I thought I'd see if we can add a few more before posting the poll.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

64Guitars

I'm looking for a theme rather than a name. I think "goofy" would fall under the theme of a ComedyFest, wouldn't it?

Themes could be based on an artist (as in NeilFest, BowieFest, DylanFest), a genre (FolkFest, JazzFest, CountryFest, MetalFest), an era (80sFest, RoaringTwentiesFest), lyrics (ComedyFest), vocal style (a cappella, barbershop, doo wop), etcetera.

This Wikipedia page on Song Forms might trigger some other ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Song_forms
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Migs

1970s TV theme songs !

Things like The Brady Bunch, Hogans Heroes (although that is a tune rather than a song), Gilligans Island, Happy Days etc etc etc

http://melaman2.com/tvshows/index.html
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Geir

There also was talk of a Zappafest some time ago ......

And I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see a beatles-fest sometime !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

or maybe it's about time we had a disco-fest ??? ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

I'm with Geir, its time for a Beatles-fest.  Why not branch it out to Beatles/Rolling Stones fest, that way all the bases are covered.  They were like the two sides of pop in the beginning, they were even promoted as polar opposites, (good vs bad; clean cut vs grungy; popy vs bluesy, etc) yet they were really brothers in arms.  And most folks gravitate to one or the other band naturally.  That would give lots of choice in what songs to pick.  Or get really crazy and say British Invasion fest, although I like the compactness of just Beatles/Stones, still lots of songs to choose from there.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

It's gotta be BeatlesFest then StonesFest, IMO they shouldn't be combined.

How about Sh*gFest = songs about doin' it!

Yeah Baby Yeah!

Migs

Quote from: Gritter on January 19, 2010, 05:57:50 PMHow about F*ckFest or Sh*gFest = songs about doin' it!

Good ol' Nine Inch Nails ... god bless em
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on January 19, 2010, 05:57:50 PMIt's gotta be BeatlesFest then StonesFest, IMO they shouldn't be combined.
Thats great, the combination would create a kind of musical anti-matter and open up a black hole that would suck all popular music into.  I never thought of it like that, but yeah, probably right.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand