The next festival

Started by 64Guitars, January 19, 2010, 03:12:30 PM

cuthbert

Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 10:42:47 AM
QuoteI know...I just had to post that pic of the Shaggs, though... 
I know  ;D...have you heard the Shaggs?  Their dad thought they would be hugely famous.

Have I heard the Shaggs?  ;)

Oh, the rich people want what dah poor peoples got,
And dah poor people want what dah rich peoples got...

Laughed myself silly about how most times each girl was playing a different song than the other in the same song! Their dad must have been a piece of work.  :D Although to give them some props, Frank Zappa said about their album "This sounds like the missing link between Fanny and Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

antisocialworker

Punk unplugged? Sounds cool.

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on January 20, 2010, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 10:42:47 AM
QuoteI know...I just had to post that pic of the Shaggs, though...  
I know  ;D...have you heard the Shaggs?  Their dad thought they would be hugely famous.

Have I heard the Shaggs?  ;)

Oh, the rich people want what dah poor peoples got,
And dah poor people want what dah rich peoples got...

Laughed myself silly about how most times each girl was playing a different song than the other in the same song! Their dad must have been a piece of work.  :D Although to give them some props, Frank Zappa said about their album "This sounds like the missing link between Fanny and Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band."

You know I had to look up the Shaggs, because I didn't know (Maybe I'm not cool?). But the crazy thing is, they are from Fremont. I live in the next town over from Fremont, and even frequent Fremont Pizza. Maybe they will have a reunion at the Town Hall someday.

I also live in the same state where a Supreme Court justice likes to ride around drunk wearing women's underwear, but that's a different story...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Sounds like the North East coast of the USA is not too different than the East coast of Canada, everybody is all slightly cracked, thats why I like it.   :D

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 22, 2010, 09:37:19 AMSounds like the North East coast of the USA is not too different than the East coast of Canada, everybody is all slightly cracked, thats why I like it.   :D

Yeah, I think it's an "I am my own grandpa" thing in our neck of the woods!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Mark, you got me to do a little more research on the Shaggs. Apparently the remaining(?) Wiggin sisters now reside in Epping, NH - not far from Fremont.

Everything you wanted to know about the Shaggs but were afraid to ask:

http://www.theshaggsonline.com/

There's an interesting article about their reunion show in 1999. I think the end quote sums their musical career up nicely:

"Let's face it," Porter (former Shagg Betty Wiggin) cuts in. "As we got going we would've gotten better, and it seems as though people don't want it better."

Amen. :)

Now about that Supreme Court justice...Souter?  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

That was a cool read. I also saw somewhere that when in the recording studio, the girls would suddenly stop in the middle of a song because they "Messed up" - Which would baffle the producer/engineers, because they couldn't tell the difference!

It must be the water here - Superfund sites all over the place! If the radon don't get ya the farming chemicals in the water surely will!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann