Converting drum arrangements between MBR and BR-900CD

Started by veli_joza, January 12, 2010, 10:18:48 AM

Geir

WOW ... I just discovered this thread !! It's a program I've wanted ever since I got my BR800. This will actually let me convert mbr arrangements to a format the 800 will understand as well(I hope) I'll test this later today !!

The reason of course is that the 800 don't play the audio when editing the arrangement, something the mbr does, and the fact that drum arrangement is something that is easy to do when your on the bus, the train or on the loo ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 18, 2011, 05:29:52 PMHas anyone here been using this program? It seems strange that nobody's mentioned it in the 16 months since it was posted.

Yes, like I've mentioned, I tried it and it works. But it's a pain in the ass for some to run because it's a DOS program, and in some Windows OS versions it may have to be run in compatibility mode. I have since swapped several PM's and emails with members and other individuals that contacted me out of the blue regarding the operation of this program. I had a difficult time explaining how to get it to work in Windows. And this does not include the questions regarding the operation of the BR Rhythm editor.

Geir, you'll have no problem using this cool app, but then again you're a chemical engineer with a very large brain! And as we've discussed before, a little MBR experience with a pen and some paper always proves to be the fastest. Having the visual aspect of the BR Rhythm Editor is handy, but by the time you open the program, create the drumtrack, convert it, copy it over, etc. you would be already done if you used the MBR itself.

64, I'm not the best at explaining things or giving directions - Maybe try it if you have time? You don't really need an MBR because if the output is successful the file will work. And you know a bunch of people who have an MBR to test :)

I have not tried converting back to BR Rhythm Editor format. That might be the biggest advantage this program has to offer.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on June 01, 2011, 01:26:52 PMYes, like I've mentioned, I tried it and it works. But it's a pain in the ass for some to run because it's a DOS program, and in some Windows OS versions it may have to be run in compatibility mode. I have since swapped several PM's and emails with members and other individuals that contacted me out of the blue regarding the operation of this program. I had a difficult time explaining how to get it to work in Windows. And this does not include the questions regarding the operation of the BR Rhythm editor.

I've created a Windows front end for veli_joza's program. You might still have to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode on Vista and Windows 7, but otherwise it should be very simple to use.

Download BR Rhythm Arrangement Converter here:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/software/BR Arrangement Converter v100.zip

Create an empty folder under Program Files and unzip the downloaded file into it.
It contains two files - "BR_Arrangement_Converter.exe" (my program) and "BR_convert.exe" (veli_joza's program).
Then right-click on "BR_Arrangement_Converter.exe" and select Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut).
As you might expect, this will create a shortcut on your Windows desktop. Double-click this icon whenever you want to start the program.

Here's a screenshot of the program running in Windows XP:

If you need it, here's a page that shows how to enable Windows compatibility mode in Vista and Windows 7:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

Set it to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" as shown on that page.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Excellent - This will make it much simpler to operate. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the contribution!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

recorder