ROCKFEST: Another Day (Original)

Started by Bluesberry, November 01, 2009, 12:58:33 PM

Bluesberry

Another Day (128)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

[soundclick]8296153[/soundclick]

Here is my submission for Rockfest.  I thought that there should be at least one Prog-rock song in Rockfest, so here it is.  I started this one a few weeks back in hopes of having something in time for the fest and I made it.  I call this "Another Day".  Instruments used : well, you get the picture, its Prog after all, I used the lot.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Oh, yeah - That's what I like, bro!! All kinds of stuff going on here - It's going to take a few listens to soak it all in. Definitely a little Floyd vibe going on in places.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

I'll update with more later!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveB

BB, Sh*t, are you sure you've only got ONE BR1200 there?!!  ???
Even with a decent-backer I've struggled recently to get a completed song. Yet you appear to be able to throw these multi-instrument epics together at will!!
Well like you say, it's got the lot; and any song that can name-check Shakespeare and encapsulate the human-condition so coherently has got to be a winner. Gonna have another listen now, and will no doubt be singing this in the shower tomoz!

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Ferryman

With "As we descended towards the planet...." for the first line, that has to be prog! Your keyboard playing is getting pretty sophisticated now, this twists and turns all over the place. I really like the chorus-y bits about "my perfect mind", the chord changes and vox there are sublime.

One minor point - there are some points where the keys "stop/start" a bit, with gaps as you change the chords (eg 0:29 and 0:35). That just breaks things up a little for me, if you could get a bass note or a drum fill or something sustaining under them that would smooth it out a bit. But on the other hand, I really like the staccato guitar at 3:10, that works really well. The change at 3:50 works really well. The synth at the end is so cool!

And at 5 minutes plus, this is definitely a prog meister work. I definitely did hear a kitchen sink in there, I am sure. Amazing stuff, it must have taken ages to put together.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Wow BB I am so impressed.  I loved it when your guitar came in. Gave it a rather haunting feel. Your lyrics were great! Just plain loved it!!

Geir

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh  delight !!!!!!!!!!!

This is  a little "fest" all on it's own. Dynamic, with interesting and wonderful twists and turns in both music and lyrics!

Love it Dave !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pine

wow...what a jouney you have asembled here Dave! Key changes, timing nuances, and a story line that i followed pretty well (although you know me, always happy when a guy posts the lyrics for ol' deafdog) Your guitar is always the highlight for me and this song did not disappoint. No extended solos but what you shared was tasty. Lots of twists and turns and alot to digest. Going back for another listen after dinner!
Onward Progberry!  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

Dave! I listened to this a few times today, and it's quite a gem! What a great song! And 5 minutes is a feat within itself.

You have put all your finely tuned skill together, and made another masterpiece!!

I love listening to your music and collaborating with you as well!!

Peace, bro!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Lots of variety of styles here - first I thought it sounded like Neil Young, then I thought the guitar solo sounded a bit like Ritchie Blackmore, and then I thought I heard some Floyd in there...cool changes and variety !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

I love how you combine genre's and make them work so seamlessly. Sometimes I have to consciously think about the fact that you are building your songs from scratch, and really its mind blowing. Sitting in "backer heaven" its easy to forget, or just not know how much effort it takes to build a song, let alone a 5 minute epic. Awesome Dave.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR